Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mindjolt

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mindjolt

Here's the MindJolt extension that Stephen made for me.

Flash_Mindjolt.zip

It's a little flaky when it comes to the score submit, but it should work well enough to submit your game to Mindjolt.
    For example, here's the game I made that was sponsored by Mindjolt: http://www.mindjolt.com/ball-bricker-3d.html

Anyway, be sure to set your flash version to 10.0.0.0 in your application, or the extension may not work properly.
    Also included is an example of how to sitelock to the Mindjolt website.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing Also, that game looks awesome, I really like the 3D effect

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I played around with it, but I couldn't get it to display a pregame ad. I'm wondering if it's because I'm in Taiwan and there weren't any ads for this region? I submitted it for testing, but I didn't have scores implemented, so I guess I need to do that first since mindjolt requires scored games. Ayayay.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I implemented the pregame ad was to make a preloader (application), Include the mindjolt extension, and have - start of frame: connnect with game ID, show pregame Ad.
    Of course, make sure to set your flash version to 10.0.0.0 in both the game and preloader.

Also, this extension seems really flaky, and may not actually seem like it's working on your computer. For me, I saw nothing: no pregame ad, no highscore on my PC until the game was actually running on mindjolt's website.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this worth doing for older games? What sort of ad rev do you get from there?

Steve

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it to work. A few things that people should know:

First, Mindjolt's dev area is all messed up and your games' frames will get reset by there API and this is a known bug in the developer area that will not occur in the player area. I had the best luck testing with Google Chrome and the worst with Firefox.

You don't need to use a preloader: Just include the "Connect with Game ID" the "Show PreGame Ad" at "Start of Frame".

When you submit the score, make sure to connect with your game ID again before submitting the score.

Also, the mindjolt api for pregame ad can be called from any frame as long as it's the first thing called in the frame.

Thanks for this! Should I donate some money somewhere with Paypal? I feel like I should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Is this worth doing for older games? What sort of ad rev do you get from there?

Steve
    It depends on the type of game that you have. An action-oriented score game will do better there than my dressups... Some people make most of their Flash revenue here based on the forum posts I've read.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    I got it to work. A few things that people should know:

First, Mindjolt's dev area is all messed up and your games' frames will get reset by there API and this is a known bug in the developer area that will not occur in the player area. I had the best luck testing with Google Chrome and the worst with Firefox.

You don't need to use a preloader: Just include the "Connect with Game ID" the "Show PreGame Ad" at "Start of Frame".

When you submit the score, make sure to connect with your game ID again before submitting the score.

Also, the mindjolt api for pregame ad can be called from any frame as long as it's the first thing called in the frame.

Thanks for this! Should I donate some money somewhere with Paypal? I feel like I should.
    Thanks for the detailed information. As you mentioned, Mindjolt's dev area is very unorganized and buggy.
    You don't have to donate, it's my job to make the users happy, but if you want to you can click on Extensions in my signature and donate from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Here's the MindJolt extension that Stephen made for me.

Flash_Mindjolt.zip

It's a little flaky when it comes to the score submit, but it should work well enough to submit your game to Mindjolt.
    For example, here's the game I made that was sponsored by Mindjolt: http://www.mindjolt.com/ball-bricker-3d.html

Anyway, be sure to set your flash version to 10.0.0.0 in your application, or the extension may not work properly.
    Also included is an example of how to sitelock to the Mindjolt website.
    By the way, I don't think that your sitelock code is going to work. I tried using it on a few different sites, but it doesn't accept the subdomains. Also, mindjolt has an additional domain with a really strange name that it uses, so I don't think your code will work there. I could be doing something wrong, but I couldn't get it to work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast