User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simulate touch on iOS

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simulate touch on iOS

Is there a way to simulate a touch on an object or at XY coordinates?
    I only find a way to capture touches with the Multiple Touch object, not the reverse.
    I thought the Mouse & Keyboard object would handle this? For the Windows runtime, the Control_X object is said to allow simulating clicks.
    Any idea or plans?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use my iOS touching method (in example forum) and position the detector when and where you need to simulate a touch.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this interesting example and tools. I don't think it does what I want, though.
    I'm looking for a mean to simulate a touch on an object I don't own. I can't access this object's features except with a touch. And I want it to react without requiring the user to touch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe nobody is or has been concerned with the necessity to simulate a touch on an object?
    ;-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What object is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For now I need to simulate touches in the middle of a WebView object. I'm also interested for a generic method if possible.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The method Verbage described using his touching example would accomplish what you are after. You might want to take a look at it. Basically, you would move the touch objects to the screen position you want to simulate a touch at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me make it clearer, because I don't think the proposed method works:

• My app integrates a Webview object, which displays a web page I own
    • In this web page I embedded a video inside a player taken from a public site (e.g. Dailymotion or Youtube), using the html embed code provided by this site
    • I want the video to start playing automatically when the page is visited -when the Webview object is directed to its url
    • I've set the correct parameter (&autoplay=1) in the embed code, as documented by the public site -and it's perfectly working from a desktop web browser
    • As you may know, iOS doesn't allow for video autoplay, for a number of reasons including but not limited to limiting data traffic on iPhones
    • My app targets iPads, often connected with Wifi, and warns the user about data traffic while playing videos

=> So what I want is to simulate a click on the Webview object, in order to make the embedded player think the user clicked on it to start the video.

Obviously, as I don't own the video player code nor the Webview object code, I can't use the method proposed.
    If I miss an important thing, I'll be happy to correct my view.
    If I am correct, I would really appreciate that someone provides a solution or a workaround.

Thanks!
    Stephane

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the webview object receive a valid touch from the mouse ("is mouse overlapping object?") or receive a valid touch from another object overlapping the webview button? If so, you can use Verbage's method. I have not used webviews yet, so i don't know if it operates differently than all other objects in MMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you explain what you mean by "receive a valid touch"?
    What I want to achieve is more precisely provoke a touch in the Webview object that will be transmitted to the webpage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast