User Tag List

Thread: An easy method of pausing? but using another frame as pause?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An easy method of pausing? but using another frame as pause?

Hey guys, im in need of some help. I dont want to copy all the objects of the pause menu to every frame to pause.
    so how do i correctly use pause using another frame?
    right now im using capture frame screenshot and then jump to pause frame with the pause frame loading the previous frame screenshot.
    Edit (N/m i see the sub aplication is of a use)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wanted to do it your way, you would use a sub-app and make it modal, but i wouldn't use a sub-app. If i were you, I would finish making an entire level, then "duplicate" the finished level and badda bing, everything is copied over.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
    If you wanted to do it your way, you would use a sub-app and make it modal, but i wouldn't use a sub-app. If i were you, I would finish making an entire level, then "duplicate" the finished level and badda bing, everything is copied over.
    yes, this was the original way to do it but its hard lining up everything at the same posistion thats why i wanna use sub application but its hard also cuz
    im trying to make the frame backround of the pause frame transparent. Can anybody help me with this??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's gonna be a bit harder, it involves coding and running the pause menu from the frame you are currently playing. So you have a decision to make, is it really worth all the trouble just to keep the transparent background? or can you ditch the transparent background to reduce development time?

Game development is like that, you can't always make all you want exactly how you want it, sometimes you will have to let some features go. What's more important? Be wise

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Path
    If you provide me detailed information about what it is exactly you are trying to achieve/ how you want your Pause menu to act, ill try to tell you how you can do it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working on something where a Sub App frame with a transparent background is called (and centered) from within the main frame. It is as simple as resizing the Sub App object. But I was using the Window Shape object from within the SubApp frame to round the frame edges bug this cause a bug on certain machines. Even when the SubApp wasn't visible!

After all that, I decided to scrap the Sub App frame and just have the "mini frame" on a separate layer and move it when desired, seeing as each mini frame is different. These could be of some use...

Uses transparent Sub App frame: http://www.whenthereisnoroominhellth...m/MMF/test.mfa
    Uses a separate layer within the main frame: http://www.whenthereisnoroominhellth.../MMF/test3.mfa

Use the arrow keys to change page, and click the hyperlink to bring up the mini window.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying to make the backround of the sub app transparent. any help? chris i dont quite understand the mfa file u posted

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh I see, you mean the background of the sub app frame, not the space around the sub app frame. Try the Window Transparency object. They're 6 example files in there.

http://www.g2f2media.com/mf2/WndTransp.zip