I'm using an online high score system which loads the scores from MySQL database onto the phone via the Get object and php. Works nicely, except one little thing: high score data does not update with the latest data until you quit the app and relaunch it. It seems the app loads this data from cache when I try to refresh the scores within the same session.
In other words, I:
1. Launch the game
2. Send a score to database (works)
3. Go to high score frame to see my score loaded from database (works)
4. Go play another game and send a new score (works)
5. Go to high score frame to see my new score loaded from db (can't see it)
6. Quit the game
7. Relaunch the game
8. Go to high score frame, and there it is, my new score is now visible
I'm loading the data to Edit objects. Other runtimes like flash, iOS and exe don't behave like this. I'm wondering if there is something that could be changed in MMF to avoid this issue in XNA WP apps.