User Tag List

Thread: Old data loaded from cache on WP

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old data loaded from cache on WP

I'm using an online high score system which loads the scores from MySQL database onto the phone via the Get object and php. Works nicely, except one little thing: high score data does not update with the latest data until you quit the app and relaunch it. It seems the app loads this data from cache when I try to refresh the scores within the same session.

In other words, I:

1. Launch the game
    2. Send a score to database (works)
    3. Go to high score frame to see my score loaded from database (works)
    4. Go play another game and send a new score (works)
    5. Go to high score frame to see my new score loaded from db (can't see it)
    6. Quit the game
    7. Relaunch the game
    8. Go to high score frame, and there it is, my new score is now visible

I'm loading the data to Edit objects. Other runtimes like flash, iOS and exe don't behave like this. I'm wondering if there is something that could be changed in MMF to avoid this issue in XNA WP apps.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cache control functions exists in .Net, but unfortunately they seem not to be available for Windows Phone.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works fine for me!

I only have the XNA Edit Box that is bugging with the use of the Get Object and the Network Capability.

How works your hi-score system?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using normal Edit objects. First I load everything with Get object through php script into one edit object, parse the data through with String Parser to another multiple Edit objects in a fastloop. Everything works fine, except this refreshing of data within same session.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my leaderboard, i use the same method as you to retrieve data from the web, then i enter everything in a list object.
    From this lsit object, and using a string parser, i put everything in different string objects to get the presentation i want.
    I only need to delete the list and to set the string to "" and to start another Get to refresh my leaderboard from the web.

Normal edit object works on Windows Phone? Need to give it a try as the XNA edit box is bugged with the use of the Get Object...

Edit: It seems that you can't open the keyboard automatically with the normal edit object...