User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Window Phone + Game Trials

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Phone + Game Trials

Hi all,

I have ported accross 2 of my games to Windows Phone thanks to the XNA module, however in uploading my first game to the App Hub I noticed one of the"detected features" of my app is "game trial", I have not addded a trail in my game does this mean they will also be able to download the full thing for free by tapping the try button on the store, are trials then mandatory?

I've also tried to add a trail mode in the game without much luck, when I use the action "game is in trail mode" it seems to freeze up my app, removing this action fixes it again.

Anyone had and luck with paid apps (/trials) for windows phone?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone manage to publish a Windows Phone paid game with a trail who can help me? its the only thing left until this game is ready to go (the actual functionality of the trail is already programed and locked/ unlocked with an INI)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to bump this again but it has been a week without responce and its the only thing holding this game from releasing, can anyone confirm if the action "game is in trail mode" is XBOX only? when I used it on Windows Phone my whole app freezes.

Can we support the built in trails function of windows phone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on looking at the code there is in fact a Trial Mode for Windows Phone. What Windows Phone does not support however compared to XNA for Xbox 360 is the ability to simulate trial mode (SimulateTrialMode). Once again, I am basing this off the clickteam code itself. You would need to allow trial mode of your app to support this feature but unfortunately there is no way I can find to trigger the Marketplace to allow for a purchase (Guide.ShowMarketplace). Perhaps Francois can come in and verify what I have discovered.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I could not include the Guide in the Windows Phone version of the runtime, it crashed (or did not compile, cant remember).
    I'll document me more over internet and see what I can do...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if there has been any updates to this? I'm looking for effective ways to implement trial modes on WP.

Can someone confirm if this still happens?

when I use the action "game is in trail mode" it seems to freeze up my app, removing this action fixes it again.

And is there a workaround for this?

there is no way I can find to trigger the Marketplace to allow for a purchase (Guide.ShowMarketplace)

On a related note, I just noticed that users can download a trial version of my app in the Marketplace, even though I haven't implemented any trial mode restrictions for it, and in Dev Center it says "Allow trial downloads = No". I.e. it seems users can download the full game for free without any limitations despite this setting in Dev Center... I've contacted Microsoft Support on this, but in case anyone knows more about this type of issue, please share your experiences..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, but I have shifted it on the top of my todo list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Francois taking advantage of trails will hopefully get allot more downloads / sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    On a related note, I just noticed that users can download a trial version of my app in the Marketplace, even though I haven't implemented any trial mode restrictions for it, and in Dev Center it says "Allow trial downloads = No". I.e. it seems users can download the full game for free without any limitations despite this setting in Dev Center... I've contacted Microsoft Support on this, but in case anyone knows more about this type of issue, please share your experiences..[/COLOR]
    In case someone bumps into this same issue; just to inform that this was a bug on Microsoft's end, which made my full game available for free during 11 days. They just confirmed this and promised to compensate my lost sales. (woohoo, I'm gonna become rich )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The "game is in trial mode" expression, from Microsoft words, can take a lot of time to execute.
    This is why they recommend to use it in a menu, or in a frame where time does not count.
    Once the states of the application knows, just keep it in a global variable for future use.
    If you publish a game on XBOX Live, you must make a trial mode (this is one of the necessary features needed to get the peer aprooval), and a full mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast