User Tag List

Thread: IAP and iAds

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IAP and iAds

I want to release an iAds supported game where the ads can be disabled via an in-App Purchase. It occurs to me however that this must be done carefully to make it robust. I want to ensure that users will never see an ad again if they purchase the upgrade, but Im not sure of the best way to go about this. Clearly I need to take internet connectivity and iDevice syncing/restoring behaviors into account.

Has anyone done this, and willing to provide a barebones example? Whats the most efficient way to keep a local cache of the purchase event?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this before, I found the best way was to simply set a value in an ini file once the purchase was complete then check this value to decide whether to show ads or not. Works just fine and got approved by Apple etc.

I'd provide some shell code but, I'm at university studying for a final at the moment. Maybe later?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problemo! Exams take priority.

Just out of curiosity though, did you implement any of the restore transactions methods for when users install to other devices?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Benicle said, just store the IAP status locally. You should add a restore option, but don't check for a restore automatically. Apple doesn't like this, because it forces an Appstore login. Use a restore button instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that

I havent yet seen a restore button in any other apps, so I guess I'll need to think of something clever to name it so the user know's what it's for.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any IAP example floating around maybe? I really dont wanna mess around and would love some help of you guys. Thx. A simple example would totally do it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to include a restore purchases button, otherwise Apple will reject your IAP. Most apps just use a button which says 'restore' or 'restore purchases', they can usually work that out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Distant just said about restore purchases is 100% true. I just found out the hard way lol I got a few updates through without it but they just rejected the latest version so I gotta add it in now

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ If you need to know about IAP's, DTownTony here is your man! While I focus on upfront sales and quantity of products, he puts the rest of us to shame with Pocket Ninjas, truly a great achievement!