User Tag List

Thread: [in development] OlliOlliOlli - Randomly Generate Skateboarding game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up [in development] OlliOlliOlli - Randomly Generate Skateboarding game.

Hello.

Intro

So I used MMF back when I was a kid, and have been on something like a 15 year break. I recently found out about the iOS exporter and have totally got back into making games with it.

This is my first project OlliOlliOlli. It's a skateboarding game with a mechanic similar to Canabalt or JetPackJoyRide. Art style wise, it's based on the art style of many of my favourite old games from the Atari 520St, with strong influence from PaperBoy, 720, California Games and Terry's Big Adventure.

Concept
    The idea is to skate as far as you can, gaining points and levelling up while avoiding crashing.

You can boost your score by doing grinds or getting big air down staircases.

I wanted the game to be simple but challenging. There are no tricks, and the game only has 2 buttons, the left of the screen and the right of the screen.

IMG_2601[1].jpg

Controls
    You hold the left of the screen to charge up an olli and release it to jump.

You tap the right of the screen just before you hit the ground to land a trick.

You can tap the right of the screen when rolling to push faster and tap the left of the screen when over a ledge to grind.

Leveling up and Stages

IMG_2596[1].jpg

Although it's simple I wanted to have a similar feel to starting out skating - when you're a level 1 or 2 your Ollis are small and it's really hard to land tricks, as you level up you can increase your olli height, push speed and other stats to make your skater better and better.

The Stages are generated randomly, with the size of the stairs and obstacles based on the skill level of the player - the higher your level the harder the stages will be.

At the moment I only have 1 stage set (Urban), but I'm going to be working on a number of other Stage styles once I've got the rest of the game mechanics in place.

Video

Here's a little video of the gameplay - this was made before I got the levelling system in place (you'll notice the Hud is a little different from the screenshots above), I'll be getting a new video up tonight to show some more progress.

COMMENTS AND CRIT WELCOME!!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea! Great!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks nice =)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @IamJot - Thanks dude, I replied to your PM

@redSquirrel - Thanks mate, it's getting there slowly!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again.

I'm wondering if there are any half decent pixel artists out there who might be able to help me out? I'm in desperate need of street furnature (benches, ledges, fire hydrants etc) that I can stick in the game. if you're an artist who;s interested let me know, or if you have links to any royalty free pixel art at roughly the same scale as the game then let me know!

Thanks!

J