User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My game was rejected because game music plays over phone music

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy My game was rejected because game music plays over phone music

Hi all!

My Windows Phone game was just rejected by Microsoft because my game plays its game music over music already playing on the phone: e.g. from the mp3/music player, So you can hear both at the same time. (the correct action is if the phone is playing music already then the game does not play music) I can't find any actions or object that can help me detect if music on the phone is already playing and the standard 'is sample playing' action does not detect it either.

Any suggestests so I can resubmit my app?

Many thanks all!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good find, hope you get a solution quickly - I wonder if this is the same case for XBLIG? I.e. if someone is playing music and loads a game?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the case on xbox, If you start music from the music player it plays that instead of the music in your game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fix, but one that will fix it on the XNA side:

using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media;

if (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.State == MediaState.Playing)
    {
    }

From here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...indows-phone-7

I think that MMF would have to create a feature for us to flag something as being music versus a sound effect though.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everything is already programmed. You have to play your background music as a MP3, not a WAV.
    Only the sound effects must be played as WAV, and sound effects ARE allowed by Microsoft when a music plays.
    I think I talked about it in the doc...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Everything is already programmed. You have to play your background music as a MP3, not a WAV.
    Only the sound effects must be played as WAV, and sound effects ARE allowed by Microsoft when a music plays.
    I think I talked about it in the doc...
    Thanks francois, I've changed my wavs to mp3s and it it doesnt double play! however now when the music loops the game freezes for a seconds it may not sound like much but it makes my fast paced game now very annoying any tricks around this behaviour?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leuvsion View Post
    however now when the music loops the game freezes for a seconds it may not sound like much but it makes my fast paced game now very annoying any tricks around this behaviour?
    It do this with every Windows Phone games. They need to improve the XNA code itself. Try a smaller MP3 file but i doubt it changes anything...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could edit the MP3 to make it loop a few times so that it's longer than the levels usually last. That's what I usually do when there's any kind of pause when looping...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    You could edit the MP3 to make it loop a few times so that it's longer than the levels usually last. That's what I usually do when there's any kind of pause when looping...
    I've become very frustrated with this today, however I think this is annoyingly the best solution, the odd thing is looping wav files don't have this issue but have the original playing over music issue, maybe if the code could be changed so we can have a "is phone music playing" action then we can use wavs to have looping music without freezing our gameplay?

Does this make sense to everyone else, should we push this suggestion?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The freeze does not come from me : I just call one function of the phone. It comes from the phone itself restarting the sound, so there is nothing much I can do.
    I would try to change the bitrate of the sound (maybe to a lower bitrate).
    Or loop the MP3 as suggested above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast