User Tag List

Thread: Not a glitch, it's a feature!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a glitch, it's a feature!

I'm not sure how many times this has been asked, but why are qualifiers not supported in object behaviors? I'm aware it has something to do with the glitch, and not working properly in MMF2, but anything in particular that's making it not work correctly? The only workaround for this is the object naming glitch, which some people seem to frown upon around here. Quite frankly I find this really useful for when I want to do games that require qualifiers & global objects. But originally this is not supposed to work, since the original qualifiers can't be used in object behaviors. Even though it's a terrible glitch, and should not be considered for use, I have not had any problems with it as of yet. Everything seems to work okay on my end using them.

So.... I want to know...... What are the chances of actual REAL qualifiers being able to work in object behaviors in future builds of MMF2, without the glitches? If not MMF2, what about them being able to work in whatever MMF3 is going to be called? If this was a feature in a future release, I'd definitely make use of it, and I wouldn't have to resort to using the glitch method for my projects. Qualifiers really help me organize my games. So I don't see why it's a problem to have them work inside object behaviors. Maybe since MMF3 is being built from the ground up (so I heard), is there a greater possibility? Or are we still going to be limited to qualifiers only in frame events?

I don't mean to sound rude, or trying to advertise the use of the object naming glitch. All I'm trying to do is understand the possibilities of programming, what could be fixed, what we can do to prevent such oddities in the future builds of software for game & multimedia development tools.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK not in MMF2 due to it's file structure.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N64
    Would you be so kind as to show how to do the Object naming Glitch, or reffer me to someplace explaining it?
    thnaks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ King_Cool

This.
    http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=66665

The software designers are saying that this is a glitch/error. But I think it's a nice feature that is the most useful for making the best game engines. I'm hoping this will be resolved in MMF3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!