Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Concept/Animation Question

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Concept/Animation Question

I'm new to the community and MMF2. My question is about a game concept I have and how to implement the animation or action. What I want to do is have a frog character that can spawn his tongue in different directions based on user input. My initial thinking is to have this compatible with touch input, but also mouse input. So when the user presses or touches the area where he/she wants the tongue to spawn it will spawn at that location. Question is I have no idea how to perform this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a fairly easy way to achieve this. Have the tongue beeing 2 active objects. Tongue_1 is the part of the tongue that streches. You can do this by scaling it in the event editor. You can also set it's angle to face towards the touchpoint. You can use the Clickteam Movementcontroller to get expressions for angles and distance between objects.
    Tongue_2 is the part of the tounge that should look like a frog-tongue. Have this always set to Tongue_1's actionpoint.

I could make an example if this is unclear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    There is a fairly easy way to achieve this. Have the tongue beeing 2 active objects. Tongue_1 is the part of the tongue that streches. You can do this by scaling it in the event editor. You can also set it's angle to face towards the touchpoint. You can use the Clickteam Movementcontroller to get expressions for angles and distance between objects.
    Tongue_2 is the part of the tounge that should look like a frog-tongue. Have this always set to Tongue_1's actionpoint.

I could make an example if this is unclear.
    Yeah, I kind of understand, but being new I'd have to see an example or screen shot of what you mean to get it fully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I want the tongue to retract back to normal if the user is not placing any input. Then to extend itself to the touch/action point. I have the idea in my head, but just doing the actions in MMF2 I'm a little foggy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example for you. I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but it should be close.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example for you. I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but it should be close.
    Thanks, I'm at work now, but I'll definitely check it out when I'm home. BTW how would a new person know how to create such actions/events? I knew what I wanted to do, but I just didn't know how.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a new user, so I don't really know. But first you need to know everything MMF2 can do, and then you need to think out how to accomplish the effects you want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a new user, so I don't really know. But first you need to know everything MMF2 can do, and then you need to think out how to accomplish the effects you want
    Yeah, I guess this will take me a while then

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trial and Error my friend.

Think of what the condition(s) would have to be met before an action then implement the condition(s) first.

Example:
    Start of Frame (Condition)
    +Set Score 0 (Action)

When conditions are met the actions on that relevant line are executed.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I finally got around to looking at your example. This is exactly what I'm talking about, but I wouldn't know anything about a flag 0 or 1...that just made my brain hurt looking at the conditions lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast