Two of my testers are trying to play my game, but when they try to run it, they get the following error message:
"Cannot load joystick2.mfx. This object might need an external program or library not yet installed."
One of them is using Windows XP, and the other is using Vista 32-bit. We have tried the following:
- Updating to the latest version of DirectX
- Putting joystick2.mfx in the game directory (both the Extensions version and the Data/Runtime version)
- Putting joystick2.mfx in the system folder
- Putting msvcr71.dll in the game and system folders
- Disabling firewalls and Data Execution Prevention
But they still receive the error message. I have no idea what the problem is with their computers, because I have three other testers who can load and play the game just fine. This is a legitimate issue that I would really like a definite solution for, because I can see a lot of my potential players getting turned off by this.
Are there any files or settings that are required from the system in order to read the Joystick 2 object properly? If there's no definite solution, then is there another input object I could use that has the ability to detect which input devices are connected to the computer?