User Tag List

Thread: FGL, Preloaders, Preloader extension

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FGL, Preloaders, Preloader extension

I've been searching the forums for various posts on the subject, and while I've found information I'm still not entirely sure about a few things concerning sponsor pre-loaders.

I downloaded Stephen's extension and it sounds as if it would resolve the problems regarding sponsors wanting you to include their own pre-loaders, but looking at the events it appears it only runs the swf at the start of the app which would mean it's not actually used as a pre-loader. Unless I'm not understanding correctly and these are merely splash screens before the game and not supposed to be custom loading screens? Has the issue of including sponsor pre-loaders been solved? I've looked at various posts and there were some other methods mentioned but it appears they hit dead ends.

So basically I'm asking if A). I'm understanding correctly and the sponsors want you to use a custom loading screen, or if it's just a splash screen to include at the start of your game, not actually a load screen, and B). If they want you to use a custom loading screen is there an actual solution for it with MMF2 which doesn't require you to painstakingly recreate the entire thing yourself? I'd hate to actually submit something, get someone interested then not be able to get their loading screen working correctly.

Another note, when loading the included example files with the pre-loader extension in Chrome, it shows more than the actual game window. For instance, the example has words sliding into the screen and I can see them coming from outside the play area. I was loading the SWF file directly into Chrome and not loading it from a web page, so is this only an issue if you're loading the SWF itself and not via HTML?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also love to hear if this has been solved, not having MMF2 dev yet, I'm unable to test this extension.

Usually what the sponsors care about is that you show the splash screen to get their branding displayed before the game starts. I have seen sponsors using preloaders, but the splash still will plays before the game starts (it never gets replaced by a preloader with splash screen included). So far I've had no trouble with this, as long as your preloader isn't showing anything else (other logos, etc) you should be fine. Sponsors are usually flexible about this kind of stuff, they understand it's not always possible to make everything the way they want it, so if there's something you can't do just talk to them before rejecting a deal.

The objects outside the frame showing up are not an issue when the game is embedded into a HTML page and is not a MMF2 limitation, they show too on SWF created on Flash, so no problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Oruga! That's good to hear that it might not be a big deal to use a splash screen instead, of course just have to work it out with the sponsor.

I was pretty sure that the stuff appearing outside the frame was just the swf file itself being run without being embedded, I've never had any issues with it testing Flash files before, but was wanting to double check Still would be nice if there is more info about including external swf files as preloaders. Maybe this was already solved, but if it was I didn't find it.