User Tag List

Thread: Beta testing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta testing

Are there any groups / community for betatesting MMF2-made ios games?
    I know I could find beta testers elsewhere, but I think it would be best to have my games be tested by other MMF2 users. It's been a while since I had my msn-list full of MMF users. If anyone are interested in testing each others games, please let me know

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, people often ask in here, see if you can recruit a few people

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I use to test iOS games:

http://testflightapp.com

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TestFlight looks very very interesting, I'm setting an account up atm. Thank you for sharing this Cole!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only just started using it myself, but I believe it is the most popular choice out there for developers wanting to beta test.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also easy to include the Testflight SDK in your MMF produced xCode project. They have a tutorial on adding the SDK library to your project in xCode on the Testflight site.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If someone would be willing to write up a nice document on how they add this to their MMF project I would give them XNA or some other CT product as a thank you.

I know you guys say its easy to add but if you can make a document that walks thru how to do it for an idiot like me, then you hit the goal of anyone able to add it

Fancy pictures and easy to follow text and we are good to go.

Francois is looking into making an object but if its really easy to add via xcode we will let him work on some more advanced stuff and other exporters right now and put this in the hopper for when he has some free time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only really add it to use the tracking feature at the moment, it shows users that have installed the app and the amount of time they spend during a particular session. The more advanced sdk features require calls during the code, which is encrypted in the cci. Probably an extension would be better to get the full use out of the sdk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't add anything to my project, all I had to do is export it from xcode as an .ipa, then upload it to testflight. Then, you can recruit testers by giving them a link, then you get their device IDs and add them to the provisioning profile. I can't remember all the steps in exact detail, but I didn't have any problems following the steps on the testflight site. Then testers can test in on their devices

So the sdk is used for additional features? Could be useful perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it's uses are covered in the first paragraph of this link - https://testflightapp.com/sdk/doc/1.0/ You can ask testers for feedback via a popup question when they reach a certain point, view how far they get in a level or where they're having difficulty etc.

Edit: When they tested their games from your IPA, where you able to see how long each session lasted? That's what I was talking about with the basic inclusion of the SDK :P