Thread: 1000 Unit RTS Example

1000 Unit RTS Example

Hi all,

As a follow-up to my previous 1000 creep tower defence example (http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=70116) here's a (around) 1000 unit RTS example.

How does your PC cope?

Enjoy!

1000RTS.mfa

It saves as a zip file. If you try to open it as a zip, it errors out. I had to rename it to mfa. It also requires 2 extensions, it might help to list those (or what version of TGF2 or MMF2 is needed to use it

Hmm no zip problem for me, could it be your browser?

Oh and it uses ForEach and Advanced Direction Object, it's made with MMF2 (standard) and I don't know if it'll work with TGF2 because I don't have it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Blog Entries
    It won't work with TGF2, because TGF2 doesn't support 3rd-party extensions. I don't even have to download the example to tell you that.
    My website, and my GameJolt Profile. If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Blog Entries
    A mfa file for me.

Using Chrome and Win 7

Marv
    ​432 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Ok, tested it on a PC that isn't my MMF2 dev station, so sorry about that =) Will check it out later!

Stays at a constant 60 FPS
    Currently working on Dungeon Dashers.
    Creator of Faerie Solitaire, Stray Whisker, and Dungeon Dash. Known on TDC as AssaultAndy.
    Twitter | Jigxor.com

What CPU? Mine starts off on 50 on a Q6600.

Also you can hold down left and right mouse to spawn more units and give it a real test

NB: I'm working on an instance based version (one unit with different frames/colours) using xLua and might post it, unless I finish my RTS and post that first!

Here's another version based on similar principles but with a few tweaks - mainly running the loop every .04 seconds for objects not shooting as well as setting the shoot time to a short random interval, which allows the loop to be run for less objects. It is now possible to get a few hundred more units before a drop in framerate.

Also included is a less precise version (for experimental purposes) that uses no loops and will easily get you > 3000 units, as long as you don't mind some units not shooting for a while until they get randomly picked

1000RTSv2.mfa