User Tag List

Thread: Save Data, Contests, and Hacking!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Save Data, Contests, and Hacking!

Is MMF2 save data cross platform? I want players to be able to continue playing on their cellphones when they are away from computers. However, I'm not sure how I would go about writing the ini file to my hosting server. Maybe there is an easier way? Would this even work?

Also, I want to use the Mochi Leaderboard Scores to award prizes. The scores will be based on a score counter total of various other counters in the game. However, I'm worried about cheating.

Regardless of what I do, people will hack the save file system that I have if the prizes are worth it. What can I do to make sure that I award prizes fairly besides banning people whose scores don't seem possible?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One item with Flash is there exists some tools that slow down all Flash Creations.
    People have used these tools in the past to cheat Flash Games.

I think besides the other issues of people tampering with the save file you would need to look into how you can combat this type of attack.

On the Save Game File -- I might think about saving all that data on a server and using the Get object to send/retrieve the data.
    You could use an encryption object so it would be quite an effort for people to tamper with it and as long as a Get type of object is around for each of your desired runtimes your good to go.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    One item with Flash is there exists some tools that slow down all Flash Creations.
    People have used these tools in the past to cheat Flash Games.

I think besides the other issues of people tampering with the save file you would need to look into how you can combat this type of attack.

On the Save Game File -- I might think about saving all that data on a server and using the Get object to send/retrieve the data.
    You could use an encryption object so it would be quite an effort for people to tamper with it and as long as a Get type of object is around for each of your desired runtimes your good to go.
    I have an idea. Do you think I could use the Mochi Social Functionality to write the save data to keys? This would be a really big pain because I would have to create a key for every flag and every inventory item, but I think it would be really difficult to cheat through this.

I'm just worried if there is some update to the Mochi API, everyone's save data could be rendered useless.

What do you think?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're really worried about cheating, you can make it so that people can only enter if they allow the game to record their playing (not actual video recording ofc) so you can review them for cheating. It won't guard against tool-assisted runs, but it will cut down on cheating considerably.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    If you're really worried about cheating, you can make it so that people can only enter if they allow the game to record their playing (not actual video recording ofc) so you can review them for cheating. It won't guard against tool-assisted runs, but it will cut down on cheating considerably.
    Well, I'm not sure how I would manage something like that. I'm just worried because some people are going to spend money on the game, and it's not going to be fair to them if people are hacking to get ahead.