User Tag List

Thread: Heavy calculations

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy calculations

Hi
    In the Game i am working on there are alot ( around 5 - 8 ) heavy calculations going on at once.

The calculations are constantly calculated through an 'Allways' Event.
    The calculations are calculating things like 'Final Xvelocity', Final Yvelocity', 'Impact Angle' for a single projectile.
    The calculations are not calculated all the time however, and when the calculations are active the screen does not scroll.

Will such constant calculating affect the performance on a iPhone or iPad device in any way?
    I do not have the iOS exporter.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I would set up some intervals for when to calculate. That may or not help your scrolling issue. As for iOS, my app handles some minor to intermediate calculations well... It really depends on how active they are.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like i said, they are calculating constantly through an 'Allways' Event.
    Some parameters wich the calculations use also constantly change during this same Event, so the calculations are mostly different for each Frame.

And the scolling is not an issue, the screen does not nor does it need to scroll during theese calculations.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember hearing a while back that "Always" is not very iOS-efficient. But it could be updated by now. Still.. You may want to try to come up with a method that runs them really only when necessary if possible. Have you considered using fast-loops?

I know that may seem obvious, but I only mention it because I'm also in the middle of a project with tons of calculations happening at any given moment. I'm rewriting it for the 3rd time and using behaviors, event groups and fast loops has made it all run like clock-work as it should.. so far at least lol.