User Tag List

Thread: Do I need 64-bit Overlay Redux?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do I need 64-bit Overlay Redux?

I recently found (what I hope to be) a good tutorial for MMFD2 and downloaded the .mfx file. Upon running it, I was told that I needed a few extensions, one of which was "Overlay Redux". I used Extension View to download and install it and received this message:
    unsupported 16-bit.png
    So my question is is there some way to get around this, a compatible version of "Overlay Redux" available, or am I doomed to never use this tutorial I found? >_<'
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is a way around it, as Overlay Redux is really old. What tutorial is it? Someone might be able to make a version without Overlay Redux. Also, Overlay Redux is really old, and is replaced by the Surface Object.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input, happygreenfrog. I found the example at http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmfexamples-a.htm and it is titled "Box 2D Movement Example".
    On a side-note, I've never used Overlay Redux or Surface Object. I'm trying to make a game with platforming and boxes that are affected by physics, so I started messing around with Phizix Box2D. If anyone knows of another example or tutorial along these lines, that would be of great help too!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made a Flash Box2D documentation, though it also applies to the EXE version. It might be able to help if you are new to Box2D. Overlay Redux is only used for debug draw in Box2D, so it's not needed. Same with the Surface object, though you can't use that for debug draw in Box2D. The documentation also has two example files, so you can look at those as well.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a glance through the PDF and it's quite helpful, thanks! Looks like I'll just worry about including platforming later.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome! What would you like to see in the next section of the documentation, by the way?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not quite sure since I want to mess with it a bit more, but here is a list of things that I'm trying to do; if they'd fit well within the broader scope of a tutorial, then by all means, make one!
    - Since I want to make boxes during gameplay, I would like to avoid a bug I had while I was using Chipmunk Physics. The first set of multiple boxes I would create would function perfectly. The next time I made a box, all the other ones would teleport on top of each other. If you're interested, I'll try to find the file I did this on.
    - Make a player-controlled object within the engine that can jump and move. My earlier attempts (again with Chipmunk Physics) didn't work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I think I've just thought of the next section for the tutorial, though I'll be making the example file for it first...