User Tag List

Thread: Delta Time acting wierd?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Delta Time acting wierd?

I am trying to make a delta time, but it acts a bit wierd. I have made an example.
    It seems to work fine in 25 and 50 fps, apart from the object "finishing" at 11 second sometimes in 25 instead of 10 seconds.

But in 10Fps is starts to act really weird! Any idea what I do wrong? I picked the formula from this thread: http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=64972&highlight=delta+time
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was long ago but I don't think so :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: ops, you wanted to help him snail? Pardon my intrusion if that's the case.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant recreate your scenario Snail. I tried 300-600 fps and 5 fps. Also I clocked the animal with the timer on my phone. The animal seem to be on the right position to me.

I don't understand how the timer could be inaccurate? It's accurate down to milliseconds and MMF runs at maximum 1000 fps... Effectively preventing the developer from messing up timed movement/fading.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange 10 FPS one the Active moves faster then a cat, and on when I swap to 25 or 50 the active slightly goes forward, when I will run 25 or 50 again or start with them it won't happen unless I will run 10 FPS one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excuse me snail, would you opine to a global fastloop with internal events? or is it fastloop pixelperfect collision you strive for (with timer_delta)? maybe something else... I don't follow right now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snail & Tompa:

The platform engine I based on SEELE delta concept is purely fastloops, runs anything from 0 to 10000 with steady FPS (in theory at least) but is somewhat CPU intensive.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/70671-MushMush-Frame-Independent-Multiplatform-Engine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fano: I was exploring your "sync" loop and various other bits of MushMush_Public.zip. I'm experiencing random lagging in movement (not in fps), approximately every 10 seconds. Do you know what might be the cause of that? I'm curious to know if it's induced by your underlying game-loop.

@snail: okay, one way is to let a value comparison control fast-loop movement. meaning fast-loops only runs when the character has reached a new pixel.. seemingly efficient to myself at lest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tompa Try to turn of shadows at all, they are the most CPU-intensive yes fixed as much as possible in MMF2. Also it could be due to random bug or anything - the engine is WAY AWAY from being good or perfect, instead of fixing problems and making it Nifflas style I went into work arounds with to many conditions and other crap.

And yes I am considering redoing it to pure minimum.

@Snail thanks for article, good read.