User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 6th gen iPhone and screen ratio

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding the ability to crop/overscan of sorts is all we really need to fit all devices well, I personally don't mind exporting a game made just for iphone or ipad but this new widescreen phone is just chucking a spanner in the works.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    I'm not really sure how this dilemma is any different from the existing one between ipad and iphone/ipod.
    Because Apple will reject an app which doesn't fill the screen on iPhone, whilst they allow it on iPad.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont find it likely that apple with compromise the full-screen resolution of half million apps in their app store. im sure any screen changes wont mess with the resolution. at the very least, dont sweat it until you know for sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6th gen iPhone and screen ratio

Yeah, good point... Apple are all about consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure apple had an awnser to the already made apps out there but you also have to think about new phone users, having an app run in native is attractive just like ipad 3's launch, a lot of HD retina ready apps did well for about 2 weeks and do better in the long run, you know what touch arcade users are like :P

I setup my game to run under 3 different resolutions last night, setting a value moves the virtual buttons to new co-ordinates and realigns menu items, what clickteam should look into if not already is allowing the app to run in all 3 device resolutions instead of having to compile the game as one and just let it stretch, saying that even cropping is a good option as you could set it for retina ipad and it will just expand to fit all devices like overscan on a tv.

This is the title screen of my game running on all 3 device screen sizes:

My original plan was to export a build made for iphone (first image) and ipad (third image) instead of going universial because I really want to use the native screen size without bars, but with iphone 5 (second image) being the oddball res we have no idea if we can export for iphone 5 only or not yet.

With an overscan resize option we could make a game as 1136 x 768 then the game could cut off the edges.

I don't want to sound pushy and i'm sorry if anyone reading at clickteam if it sounds forceful but it would be amazing to have this kind of crop resize option instead of black bars, a universal app could then work near perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to bump this kind of thing but any chance that someone could say if this is actually possible with the exporter? I kind of need to know so I don't make my game with 200+ frames to find I need to go back and manually adjust stuff or export 3 different API's for the app store which would kill most chances of getting into the top 200 listing with spread sales.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry about it for now DH, these iPhone images are likely just fan speculation and hoaxes, Apple probably wouldn't want their millions of apps to suddenly be letterboxed, nor would they release an unnecessarily larger device. Best to cross this bridge when we come to it I think

But remember, making your app easily resizable will benefit you if you ever want to put it on other systems. Any code which re-positions your on screen buttons, HUD, etc. you should put in the behavior of the objects and then make them global, that way if you need to make a change later on you need only do it once.

By the way, your image there, well the exporter shrinks stuff to fit, so I imagine if they added a cropping feature, rather than cutting borders around the entire thing like in your image it'd shrink the image down to fit horizontally but cut off the top and bottom.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be very surprised if Apple changes the ratio, they know fragmentation is bad.

The added screen space are more likely to replace the analogue home button, with digital buttons. So instead of adding more pixels for app's there will be screen space reserved for configurable buttons only. Maybe even with the new technology that gives the digital buttons a tactile feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXITjLurof0&feature=fvsr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be up for software button(s) instead of the current real button, though then you might get accidental swipe presses which close the app without meaning too. I do such a thing on my android phone every now and again.

I never thought about that though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6th gen iPhone and screen ratio

I'm not into software buttons at all, I have an Android tablet by Samsung and when something freezes you're pretty much stuck!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast