User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to get an enemy to face its direction of movement.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its just the movement that im using for the zombies that are wondering around the map, i haven't added any custom aspect to it, and ive only been using MMF2 for a couple of months, and the trig thing is just what i used at the time, and after testing the trig, and the automatic rotations, the trig seemed to be less choppy and the anti aliasing was better so i went with the trig for when the zombie is following the player since the player is moving so the zombies will be turning more than when they are just wandering around. Is there a movement that i could have used instead of the ball movement that may have worked better? I hope that made sense

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Vector movement, since it's basically a 360 degree movement, but I find collisions to be a pain with it.
    Also, it sounds like you're using trig to aim at the player then moving towards the player with 32 directions, which would be causing the angle to be wrong if it has to hit an obstacle.
    What you can do is have your angle "approach" the current direction, as turning would do. That's a little extra math, and if I can remember correctly, takes two events in MMF2.
    A custom system would work, too.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, ill check the vector movement out, what i have is working great for the moment, but if i used the "approach" method would it use less CPU, because ill go for it if it is, but otherwise i haven't had any sort of problem because of the 32 directions, the target is big enough that I've never had a zombie miss its target, and its constantly correcting its course anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2