User Tag List

Thread: Android Exporter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Exporter

Hi guys, sorry if this is not technically a technical question, or is the wrong place to post this but I couldn't find another section.

Just wondering who's excited about the upcoming Android exporter module, and if you have any plans on releasing something? It's a much more accessible than iOS, as most people have Windows and Android handsets are a bit more affordable.

Also, are there any beta testers or a member of CT able to say confirm you have to install the Android SDK on your computer first, before you can export and test your creations on the handset? I would like to get things set up in anticipation of the module.

Cheers.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need the Android SDK, yes. I don't think I can divulge too much other info though. :p

I'm excited for it, but it's kind of been neglected for a while, though Jamie is juggling a lot of things, and as far as I know, he's the only person working on it. I might be totally wrong on that though.

I'm working on a game that I hope to export to Android but for now I am waiting on the next beta release to see if it fixes issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Konidias I hope that it's not neglected too much. Its a great way for gamers like me to create and test features/games on a handset, before investing in the iOS exporter and iPhone developers license. Plus would be great to make an old school platform game, and be able to play it using a physical controller like the good old days. The developers behind the potential OUYA console have that in mind.

Playing Manos: hands of Fate game by DistantJ with a controller, like the NES days, would be great.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foyzul, I'm flattered

I've been Beta testing the exporter for a while now, I think they're currently busy re-optimising something which caused some issues (not sure how much I am allowed to say). Other than that I can't imagine it'll be too much longer!

I love Android and it's a huge shame that the damn pirates out there cause the game market to be so overlooked by devs. It's not as much of a money spinner as iOS and never will be, and developers realise that, hence the lesser quality games and fewer of them, but I want to to my best to contribute to improving Android as a gaming system.

And yeah, OUYA looks awesome, and might also help expand Android as a gaming platform (since people building games for OUYA will likely also put out mobile versions with touch controls).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to add I'm very excited for the Android exporter, regardless of the pirating community most of my friends have Android devices and always ask if they can play my games on thier phones. Having games on iOS, Windows Phone and Android is truely the dream

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah exactly. As much as we all need to put food on the table, it's not about the money.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DistantJ, If I remember correctly, isn't tomorrow the big day for the release of Manos? I wanted to ask you also, can this be played on PC too? What formats is the game in?