User Tag List

Thread: Are flash microtransactions worth considering?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are flash microtransactions worth considering?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of converting my iOS releases to flash games.

The sponsorship process is proving to be a pain for me- I had one confirmed & accepted at FGL, but then they decided to stop responding to my emails (it's been over a month since they last replied). Very unprofessional- and I'm a bit annoyed at them for wasting my time. I've emailed the FGL and they are trying to get in contact with them.

So I was thinking of alternate ways to make a little money with flash- I was wondering if flash micro transactions work well? Has anybody here had experience with implementing them? Were they successful? What's the best system to use- Mochi coins? Gamersafe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mochicoins (and Mochiads) are great, but 60 % revenue from the coins go to the developer (30% to mochi).. the same with gamersafe.
    A good way is for a great revenue is google wallet, look here:
    http://www.google.com/wallet/busines...ods/games.html
    .. but you need a littlebit javascript-code for this

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info I'm ok with 30% going to mochi as it's the same with iTunes.

Google wallet looks good though, I assume I would have to build an extension to make it work with mmf flash games?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For google wallet, you don't need a own extension! Google wallet use javascript for communication

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharanygitis View Post
    For google wallet, you don't need a own extension! Google wallet use javascript for communication

This looks too easy to be true. How exactly do you integrate this? With the flash object? Do you have to add all of the parameters or do you just call a function?