Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calculate Text Rect. Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calculate Text Rect. Object

I REALLY need this to work in the Android exporter. I have multiple objects in the App that my users can name themselves, but if they pick text that is too long, I need to be able to display their inputted text like so: "My custom t..." instead of like this: "My custom text is too long"

Right now, the Calculate Text Rect. Object only returns 0. I understand that the developer is no longer active though, correct? Is there any way Clickteam or another dev can implement something official to do the same thing? Or do any of you know of a workaround to do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about this, is there any way to check to see if a String Object's Alterable text has taken up too much space and started a new line?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Calc Text Rect object will be supported in beta 33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good news! Thanks James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it does seem to be calculating something... but the values are wrong. It appears that changing the font size doesn't do anything. No matter what I set the font size, it always comes up with the same value.

For example, a string I'm testing using the Roboto font at size 28 fills a 200 px text box. In the app, the Calculate Text Rect object thinks the text only fills 80 px.

Thankfully I've worked around this by just asking if it fills 80px, and I can change this later once the problem is solved

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ! I up this post to date because since the build 284.10 of Clickteam Fusion 2.5, the Calculate Text Rect Object doesn't seem to work anymore, maybe someone else using this object could say if they noticed it too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mystr,
    I agree that something seems to be wrong with the object. The heights being calculated are off and it's making my active system box (that I'm resizing using the object) overly large.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calculate Text Rect. Object

Can you guys post examples of this? Has it worked previously? I ask because I've been using it without issue though I'm not 100% sure I'm on the most recent MMF build.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this object working for anyone in android? I just tried it and the heights are all over the place. It looks like it's giving me completely random numbers. The widths seem to be fine, but that's only because they rarely differ.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not post example but I can confirm that it doesn't work with the latest CF 2.5 build whereas it perfectly worked with the previous version. Don't understand what happened but I hope it is going to be corrected as soon as possible !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast