User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: URGENT - Big Fish Games wrapper issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

URGENT - Big Fish Games wrapper issue

Hi

I have a game coming out on Big Fish Games, but they are having problems with their wrapper. The game is a single executable only, and the wrapping in itself works, but when trying to launch the game nothing happens, or an error occurs. The errors they have received so far are:

Insufficient Memory
    Invalid data in executable file
    Error while unpacking program, code H. Please report to author

I have never encountered any of these before. The DRM used is Armadillo version 8.6, and they say they have a template specifically for MMF applications.

Have anyone released through them before, or could shed some light on what could be the issue, because I'm at a complete loss here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, the application is set to not compress, and I've tried the leave completely alone option, but it doesn't work.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faerie Solitaire was launched on BFG with no problems, using their wrapper for the timed demo. I was going to suggest no compression, but that's all I can really think of!

What other application settings are you using? Any strange extensions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None that I can think of. The ini object, of course, but that can hardly make a difference. I'm really quite stunned myself, every solution says no compress should be enough. I even tried an older version of Armadillo, still wouldn't work.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you using Armadillo in your own application, or is BFG applying Armadillo? I don't think I had to use Armadillo myself when we released FS. BFG wrapped it for us.

My other other idea is that updates to MMF have changed it. Have you tried alternative runtimes? Software vs DirectX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do it, but I downloaded the trial to test out things myself, when they said they couldn't get it to work. I tested it on another app as well which didn't work either, and I'm starting to suspect it might be mmf doing it. I'll see if I can try an older version. Mind if I ask what version you used on Fairy Solitaire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't quite recall the version of MMF2 that Faerie Solitaire used, but it was 2009 so it was many many versions ago. I suspect you're right and it's some recent addition to MMF. Might have to ask Yves or Francois!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Guess I'll have to message them then. Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know when you find a solution!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by netninja View Post
    Let us know when you find a solution!
    Big Fish did this to me before and all of my friends. It's actually THEIR problem, but they try to make it seem like it's yours. If your game breaks because they did something to it, it's really their problem.

When I submitted my RPG Maker game, they were unable to get the game to work until they turned the security way down. They should have known how to do this considering that they already had 3 other RPG Maker games. I had to ask another developer and she told me what to tell them. Again, it had nothing to do with my game. The problem is that they don't have qualified people working on it. They have a non-technical QA teams that can't give you any advice on what to do. It is absolutely ridiculous. After I submitted my game, other RPG Maker developers started e-mailing me stating that they were having the exact same problems and asked me how I solved them. Unbelievable. The worst thing was that I had to tell them there was nothing they could do except contact their manager over and over again.

I'm shocked to see that they are still having the same problem years later. What's even more shocking is that with the number of MMF2 games that have been submitted, they should have a set of written procedures for this engine if they have gotten others to work.

They gave me the run around and I changed things over and over again until they finally fixed it on their own with me not having to do anything on my end. They try to throw the games back at the developers to see if you can get the game to work without them having to do anything. Eventually, once you have have chased a wild goose to the end of frustration, they will finally have one of their wrapper developers look at what the problem is, and they can usually figure it out right away.

I can't believe that they are still doing this. When I submitted my game to Oberon, iWin, Reflexive, and everyone else, no one ever had a problem. Just Big Fish.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast