User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: URGENT - Big Fish Games wrapper issue

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curios, what kind of games are you (have) you guys submitted?

Mobile (iPhone/iPad)
    Downloadable exe
    ???

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    incredible story...a was thinking big fish was good but when i ear stuffs like that, that means ,in side their studios its a lot of stupid people who are doing the less he can...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they do have a lot of really smart people working there, but you never get to talk to them. You have to go through your manager, and they are not technical people. The QA team can't offer any suggestions on how to get your game to work with their wrapper, and nobody will let you talk to the technical people behind it. I even offered to go down to the studio one time to work with them to find a solution, but they told me to just keep resubmitting the build. I was furious because I had submitted the game to them months before and already had an approval to get on the platform, but I ended up getting stuck with the wrapper over and over again and they failed to ever give a reason why.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloadable exe.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to see how Xeeko got on with this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like i said...stupid people, who play whit their notoriety "bigger we are, better we don't care about you"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, to conclude the story, we used a custom launcher, which they built. What that launcher does is simply launch a specific exe file, and closes itself when that exe file isn't running anymore. I had to add to my game a process that continually checks that the launcher is running, and shuts down if it isn't. So their stupid wrapper and the DRM is all on the launcher.

Funny thing is though, I was able to successfully wrap the game with Armadillo myself, by contacting Silicon Realms, the creators of Armadillo, directly. The gave me instructions, which worked and which I relayed to Big Fish. Big Fish however, could not get it working. They sent me their Armadillo files which I then sent to Silicon Realms, along with the game. The got it working, on every version of Armadillo, same as me, but Big fish still could not get it to work. So yeah, incompetence all the way around there.

That said, I had good contact with my Game Release Coordinator, and it seemed like they genuinely wanted to help fixing it. Responses where fairly quick, and the did try to help, in their own stumbling way, so I don't wanna trashtalk them to much. They should really hire some technically knowledgeable people though.

I'm curious, does anyone who has released a game through them have any sales figures? How much could one expect to earn?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about cracking the Top 3 games. If you get number 1 you can expect to make $300,000+. Number 2 probably about $100k+. And it goes down significantly from there. These are just rough figures I have off the top of my head from various sources and developers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. But they are in charge of promotion and what not, aren't they, or is there anything you can do yourself to reach a higher ranking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could drive traffic to your game's page on their site and hope that people don't look at other games, but it's really a matter of timing. For example, if you have to compete with Mystery Case Files, Drawn, or a Red Riding Hood game, it might be really difficult to get into the top 3. As long as you can get into the top 10, people usually make around $40,000.00+ or so, but the market is really changing, and I really bet on hidden object fatigue sooner rather than later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast