User Tag List

Thread: Help with bouncing ball movement

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with bouncing ball movement

hey guys, im having trouble trying to perform a method to stop a bouncing ball movement, when colliding with obstacle or backdrop.
    can some 1 plz help me or lead in me in the right direction?
    heres a mfa, you can see that all im trying to do is stop the ball movement when colliding with obstacle (but the player doesnt stop he goes thru obstacle when he keeps getting hit)
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i geuss its not possible to stop a bouncing ball movement, is there any other way to make another movement for player to get hit and move back? I know theres something like
    set x posistion to x("object")+1 but how do i stop the movement then if colliding with backdrop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, you are using a default movement and they are terrible. Second you are switching between two default movements for a single object and that aint gonna go down well. Adding a negated "Player is overlapping a backdrop" condition to your third event will somewhat fix the issue. Adding one to the X position while the Hurt animation is player will also work, but only if your player is bounced right. Mind you, adding custom 8 direction bouncing is not that difficult to implement, nor is 360 degree bouncing. How do you want your player to move?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you can stop bouncing ball movement. I check your example. You have 2 movements setup for the player. So, with that said, what exactly are you trying to do with this. You need to explain in more detail of what you want the player to do.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chris i knew of the negated - Player is overlapping a backdrop and adding another event to when it is overlaping backdrop but i didnt want to use this method.
    i was just showing an example of wut i wanted to do. i wanted to try to stop bouncing ball movement its self when colliding with obstacle.
    klik it do u know a way to stop bouncing ball (default movement in mmf) when the bouncing ball collides with obstacle? (theres also set speed to 0 but this doesnt work well)
    Edit : Thx chris i wasnt thinking of adding posistion +1 while animation was playing. maybe i can use this method

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused... you know the solution to your problem? but you don't wanna do it..
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did do this but i was tryin another method with the bouncing ball. I wanted bouncing ball movement to stop at collision but i dont think it can , it can only bounce (reverse)or stop with set speed to 0 which doesnt work well.
    Thx tho, since i updated code trying to do bouncing ball movement it now works well with wut u told me chris. thx bro

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT View Post
    Of course you can stop bouncing ball movement. I check your example. You have 2 movements setup for the player. So, with that said, what exactly are you trying to do with this. You need to explain in more detail of what you want the player to do.
    u were right, bouncing ball movement can be stoped. Some 1 helped me with the solution

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad ya got it sorted...