User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to adjust the size of the hot spot?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to adjust the size of the hot spot?

Maybe I'm stupid (I mean, even MORE stupid than I previously realized) and I'm doing something wrong, or maybe it's a bug, but I have a game I'm working on and when I run it on my iPhone it's hard to select my moving object; it's like the hot spot it super tiny. Imagine a bouncing ball and you have to touch it to make it change color. On the PC I can touch anywhere (or so it seems) and it works, but I find it VERY hard to get it to work on the phone-- it seems like the hot spot is about the size of one pixel. Is there a way to adjust that? Or is it perhaps a bug? Or something else? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Here's one other thing that it could be: The image isn't solid like a ball, it's more like a bird with flapping wings, so it's *possible* that the touch is getting registered in the blank area next to the wings when they're extended (think of touching one of the empty areas of a tic-tac-toe board).

Thanks,
    Fred

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disable fine detection on the object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, try to add more empty space around the image.
    (With fine detection disabled)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick replies! I'll try both.

Fred

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One issue that comes up when I turn OFF Fine Detection is that the objects themselves collide with each other and now, even without adding space around the image (it's tight to the pixel), their own collision doesn't look right. They register collisions with each other even though you can clearly see that they haven't actually collided. I haven't gotten to look at it on the phone or iPad yet, so maybe it won't be noticeable, but I strongly suspect it will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..
    Try using a different active object, make it invisible and always set its position to the objects position.
    Then you can test for mouse clicks/touches on the new invisible object - and you can turn the fine detection back on.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that's good. A bummer because of the extra work involved, but at least, hopefully, it'll work. It's a shame that there aren't just two settings on active objects-- a collision setting and a click setting.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um no, do that in reverse. Have an Active that always follows your touch and use that for collision detection.

It's better to make a hit detector for the touch itself than the object being touched because in instances where a lot of objects are used you'd have double the objects.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're saying make an invisible object of a good size and have it so when I touch someplace it will appear (invisibly) there and "collide" with the object I want to stop?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly that.

Have an invisible object that follows the users touch and use that to detect collisions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast