User Tag List

Thread: Zooming in and out (example)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zooming in and out (example)

When ever i try looking for a way of performing a zooming in and out function for a game i could never really find one. So pretty much a long time ago when was working on my own smash bros-like game called zero-caliber and i came up with a way of zooming in and out if anyone is interested. It took me a while to find it due to how messy my event editor was back then. Not sure if this will be of any use to anyone but here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bo0n8zjqqgi82cc (soory for the 14mb file size i didnt feel like removing things much.)

good luck making since of it. I plan on remaking it for my new game somehow but i still though i should post it. all i can tell from it really is that i used the view port object having it the same size as the application window, and have it placed into the center of the frame ( [aligned in center],0 ). the rest is written in the mfa. file.

with it i was able to zoom in and out based on the size of the frame. When ever i passed the border it's just an infinite black.

( ohh yea one more thing, you move with the arrow keys, and jump and do other action with the [numeric 1] jump [numeric 2] attack. you can hop below platforms by pressing down twice.)

Untitled2.jpgUntitled.jpg

some pictures

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great example ! I used the viewport object as well but I am experiencing a little jerking when scrolling in my level. I saw your example uses only one layer, that might be where my fault is. I am using 4 layers : background (so that it can paralax a bit), main layer, debug (bunch of hidde counters) and HUD. Makes it easier to work by hiding stuff etc... I have my viewport object sandwiched on the third layer so that the hud elements are not affected by the zooming... Maybe I should try removing some layers... Thanks for the example !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome, but to be honest some of that was by accident i didn't even know about layers back them . but glad to see it worked for.