User Tag List

Thread: [REQUEST] iPod Music during app

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb [REQUEST] iPod Music during app

I play a lot of iphone games, and they all allow me to play my own music instead of their game's inbuilt music.
    Their game continues to play the sound effects, and if I shut off my ipod music their music fades back in.

It's currently possible to let ipod music continue playing by modifying the MMF generated Xcode by just changing the Audio Session Type as seen here:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...ategories.html

Setting the audio session type to: kAudioSessionCategory_AmbientSound
    Allows sounds from other applications to continue playing in the background, but unfortunately there is no good way of detecting whether or not there is another application playing audio or not.

So what I'm requesting is an update to the iOS extension with the ability to detect if another application is playing audio in the Background. Using this MMF dev's can disable their own in-game music to allow their users to continue listening to their ipod music in the background.

This is a standard feature in every decent iOS game I've played, so it would be a shame to leave something like this out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a thread somewhere where DavidN managed to do this through coding in XCode, let me try and find it...

http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=69128

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have permission to access that link.. :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WhatPixelYouOn - It's in the iOS Exporter Owners Lounge, so you'll need to register your copy of iOS on this forum to view it (same way you registered MMF2 which I can see you own by the Product Owner part of your Avatar on these forums)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    There's a thread somewhere where DavidN managed to do this through coding in XCode, let me try and find it...

http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=69128
    Thanks for the link.
    I know about this, but I need a way of detecting if another app is already playing audio when my app starts. That's what I was requesting.

It would also be nice if this was built into the exporter. :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news about it ?