Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'choppy' scrolling with 60 fps

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuper View Post
    I have a beast of a computer, i7, 12 gigs of ram, a GTX something with 1gig of Vram. I found out that the best results would be with Direct X 8, fps at 120 with V sync and the frame using Timer-based movements.
    it's perfect. Now the only jerky movement left is in platformer mode, and I am using the Platform movement object so I suspect that it might be something related to the platform movement object not being affected by the timer based movement of the frame thus getting a very funky sync between platform movement and the center display event. ;_;

Bottom line is I am afraid that my current app settings (120 fps, vsync, DX8) might be very specific to my machine... I don't know if there's an easy way to make it all machines friendly.
    Second thing is I guess I will have to go with my own custom platform movements ;_; sucks I was happy with the platform movement object.
    Hey Shmuper just wanted to let you know my game is also experiencing pretty drastic screen tearing issues. Furthermore platform movement object is also very jittery for me which is going to force me to make my own custom platform engine using fast loops. It's a complete drag.

Also how are you getting the zoom for viewport to work? Are you resizing the applications resolution using Window control object? Just curious. I've been trying to add zoom to my games for years now and I've never found a viable solution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Krim ! Sorry for the Ultra late reply. I tend to bury myself deep when I am in mega creation mode

Actually I use a small very basic equation for the viewport object to scale up or down the zoom value while keeping it centered. You just have plan things well for making sure that your pixel ratio is always a square number (if your application is 640 by 480 and you are planning on keeping the game zoomed in or zoomed out between two resolution, then 640x480 would be your zoomed out resolution and then you would zoom in to half that resolution or one quarter of that resolution). I could send you a .mfa of it. Let me know.

Mo

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Shmuper just wanted to let you know my game is also experiencing pretty drastic screen tearing issues. Furthermore platform movement object is also very jittery for me which is going to force me to make my own custom platform engine using fast loops. It's a complete drag.
    You dont 'need' to use ANY detectors for a custom Platform Engine.
    All you need is:

( 1 )
    A collision mask Object for each character/ enemy.
    A Sprite Object for each character/ enemy.

( 2 )
    You pair up Collision Maskes and Sprites using the 'automatic pairing method'

( 3 )
    Your obstacles/ platforms need to be Actives ( but dont need to be visible )

( 4 )
    By having your collision masks store ( in AltValues ) their old X and Y coordinated ( coordinates from the previous game frame ), your characters will be able to perfectly interact, with pixel perfect accuracy, with Obstacles/ Platforms.

Also how are you getting the zoom for viewport to work? Are you resizing the applications resolution using Window control object? Just curious. I've been trying to add zoom to my games for years now and I've never found a viable solution.
    The Viewport Object should be able to Zoom quite easily.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey King cool. Actually my FPS is pretty decent now, I locked the game at 60FPS and v sync on, using DX9 and it is pretty decent ! I am just experiencing some fps drop on lower end machines (1.7gh laptop) when I am over some huge quick backdrop objects (the kind that are the size of like 20 screens, I am thinking that I may need to chop those down a bit !). Otherwise I am really happy seriously 60fps ona 1.7ghz laptop and my game's resolution is 1280x720 ! =]

For the viewport object it is hard for me to explain. I will post a .mfa file for you guys! it's very simple and works like a charm so far I don't have any issues with frame rate using that object.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2