User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Android Extension

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once available, what is the Ouya situation looking like? Does releasing games for the console within the first few months of its release look viable? (March-May 2013)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, CT should consider releasing the most stable build as soon as they can, with a disclaimer stating that the build can potentially have problems so must be used at their own risk etc.
    There's actually another game making software that was meant to be released last summer with the Android export option but I'm assuming they've run into similar problems as CT. In which case, it could be weeks or months before we even see anything, putting off existing users such as me. I've been looking at other software which are just as simple, but I want to stay loyal to MMF, but others may not be as patient as me.

I say let's just get the current build out already! I don't care for older Android firmwares if that's what is delaying this release. I'd rather release something now for the newer builds and let those be replaced by future versions of Android. Eventually the 'newer' builds are gonna be outdated anyway, so why wait?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foyzul2002 View Post
    In my opinion, CT should consider releasing the most stable build as soon as they can, with a disclaimer stating that the build can potentially have problems so must be used at their own risk etc.
    There's actually another game making software that was meant to be released last summer with the Android export option but I'm assuming they've run into similar problems as CT. In which case, it could be weeks or months before we even see anything, putting off existing users such as me. I've been looking at other software which are just as simple, but I want to stay loyal to MMF, but others may not be as patient as me.

I say let's just get the current build out already! I don't care for older Android firmwares if that's what is delaying this release. I'd rather release something now for the newer builds and let those be replaced by future versions of Android. Eventually the 'newer' builds are gonna be outdated anyway, so why wait?
    Well, I'm sure that CT doesn't want to release an exporter with "use at your own risk"... That don't make for good business/community.

I'm sure that there will be issues as there are many versions of Android, but again, any one would try to make it the most compatible as possible...

I personally think that some of the first Android based devices that should be focused on are "The Nook" and "The Kindle". (Then the most popular selling Android phone(s)).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android's always changing, and quite a lot of people (including me) are a quite few versions behind (namely 2.3 Gingerbread) because OEMs are not that bothered to optimise their phone offically to new versions. (like 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwitch)

I don't know how modern your devices are, but most people are stuck on Gingerbread (47%) and even Google know this.

Google has this page with the latest statistics of Android. Including screen sizes and OSs being used. This might come in useful for your projects! http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely understand why Clickteam wants to make sure it is as compatible as possible, but I kinda agree with foyzul2002 as well. I'm getting restless, and have begun looking at other ways to convert to Android, specifically given the lack of any kind of proper release date.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clickteam have never given release dates, and I personally like this. They also have an unwritten rule to try and not release buggy developing tools. I don't think they will change anytime soon, as bending to peer pressure is not a good thing. IMHO.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im also in the same boat.
    There's only one other software maker that I would consider over MMF2 and they also appear to have delays with their android exporter. Also my other reason for possibly switching over is MMF2's lack of a proper physics engine for mobile exporters.
    In this upcoming year I'll probably make a decision on which software to use. Whoever wins the race, I suppose. Ive already invested a lot of money on clickteam products and would like to stay here but at the same time, I don't want to fall behind in the game market.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3