User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: The Flash URL Extension Still Works

  1. #11
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Pineapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While doing some more work to try and get this to function, I found the source of the bug my sponsor was having: links always opening, that is. It appears that having the "Flash preloader" extension in the same frame as Flash url was causing problems and forcing links to open whenever you clicked on other frames.

  2. #12
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    While doing some more work to try and get this to function, I found the source of the bug my sponsor was having: links always opening, that is. It appears that having the "Flash preloader" extension in the same frame as Flash url was causing problems and forcing links to open whenever you clicked on other frames.
    I'm glad that you got it figured out. Sometimes multiple flash extensions in one frame cause weird problems for me too.

  3. #13
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the Flash URL Extension? I downloaded all the extension packs on the clickteam site. The only thing I have is a Flash Player object. When I put that into a frame, I can create a condition that opens a URL. It works in the browser but I'm not sure if that will work on NewGrounds.

    Edit: finally found it here http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=71716

    I didn't have it already in my build.

  4. #14
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    pzazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I'm having exactly the same problem as Pineapple- Links are working on some sites but not others. It's a real problem as it essentially renders the swf exporter for professional work useless. I'm not using 'flash preloader' extension as Pineapple mentioned. I don't have any answers either, perhaps we should bring it to clickteam's attention and see if there is any way around. It's quite a stress as I'm relying on this for a living. If anyone has a way to get the links to work on the web reliably, please let me know, it would be a life saver.

  5. #15
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it on newgrounds all of the time and it works. I have noticed lately that my links seem to be loading the clickteam website randomly. Has anyone else noticed that? I'm not sure if it's a weird issue with my bitly links or not.

  6. #16
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to send my your file, I can take a look at it and see what the problem is. There will always be some websites with super powerful blocking technologies, so there's no way to make it work 100% of the time.

  7. #17
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post here to say the extension works perfectly , but Why not run inside MMF2D?

    BTW, and after about 3 days with MMF2D all the actions are very easy to use and i'm confused why for open a simple link you need to do all this things.

    Yes, i'm a newbie but, Not will be possible something similar like: Create condition -> Button Clicked -> Open Url , then a dialog box appears to set the url to be opened and other to 0=_Blank,etc... Now you need to create 3 conditions, set the button zone,etc... :S . I know that if this is the best option to open urls with flash is because no exists other way to do this but i not understand why.

  8. #18
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    RickyRombo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    3,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matriax View Post
    BTW, and after about 3 days with MMF2D all the actions are very easy to use and i'm confused why for open a simple link you need to do all this things.

    Yes, i'm a newbie but, Not will be possible something similar like: Create condition -> Button Clicked -> Open Url , then a dialog box appears to set the url to be opened and other to 0=_Blank,etc... Now you need to create 3 conditions, set the button zone,etc... :S . I know that if this is the best option to open urls with flash is because no exists other way to do this but i not understand why.
    The reason behind it is due to the Flash platform's handling of events. As a novice AS3 developer, I've learned that in AS3 you have to set "Event Listeners" - something that MMF2 doesn't have to do for its C++ versions. As such, it would be tedious and fruitless to try and rework MMF2 to integrate such event listeners more intuitively and fluently. It is a bit of a pain. From a extension developer standpoint, however, it's the best way to do it.

  9. #19
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Matriax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyRombo View Post
    The reason behind it is due to the Flash platform's handling of events. As a novice AS3 developer, I've learned that in AS3 you have to set "Event Listeners" - something that MMF2 doesn't have to do for its C++ versions. As such, it would be tedious and fruitless to try and rework MMF2 to integrate such event listeners more intuitively and fluently. It is a bit of a pain. From a extension developer standpoint, however, it's the best way to do it.
    For the Pong game finally i used the Flash object, and with one condition you can choose the url and works perfectly .

  10. #20
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    RickyRombo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    3,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. exe works; Flash exported weirdness.
    By nim in forum SWF/Flash Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th May 2013, 05:50 PM
  2. Flash Player Object - Open Url: Only works with buttons on flash portals
    By Matriax in forum SWF/Flash Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6th January 2013, 09:51 AM
  3. a physics extension that works in flash too?
    By BrashMonkey in forum SWF/Flash Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th October 2011, 02:50 AM
  4. Load .ini from URL, works with flash! =)
    By SoftWarewolf in forum File Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th April 2010, 06:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •