User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Flash URL Extension Still Works

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While doing some more work to try and get this to function, I found the source of the bug my sponsor was having: links always opening, that is. It appears that having the "Flash preloader" extension in the same frame as Flash url was causing problems and forcing links to open whenever you clicked on other frames.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    While doing some more work to try and get this to function, I found the source of the bug my sponsor was having: links always opening, that is. It appears that having the "Flash preloader" extension in the same frame as Flash url was causing problems and forcing links to open whenever you clicked on other frames.
    I'm glad that you got it figured out. Sometimes multiple flash extensions in one frame cause weird problems for me too.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the Flash URL Extension? I downloaded all the extension packs on the clickteam site. The only thing I have is a Flash Player object. When I put that into a frame, I can create a condition that opens a URL. It works in the browser but I'm not sure if that will work on NewGrounds.

Edit: finally found it here http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=71716

I didn't have it already in my build.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I'm having exactly the same problem as Pineapple- Links are working on some sites but not others. It's a real problem as it essentially renders the swf exporter for professional work useless. I'm not using 'flash preloader' extension as Pineapple mentioned. I don't have any answers either, perhaps we should bring it to clickteam's attention and see if there is any way around. It's quite a stress as I'm relying on this for a living. If anyone has a way to get the links to work on the web reliably, please let me know, it would be a life saver.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it on newgrounds all of the time and it works. I have noticed lately that my links seem to be loading the clickteam website randomly. Has anyone else noticed that? I'm not sure if it's a weird issue with my bitly links or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to send my your file, I can take a look at it and see what the problem is. There will always be some websites with super powerful blocking technologies, so there's no way to make it work 100% of the time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post here to say the extension works perfectly , but Why not run inside MMF2D?

BTW, and after about 3 days with MMF2D all the actions are very easy to use and i'm confused why for open a simple link you need to do all this things.

Yes, i'm a newbie but, Not will be possible something similar like: Create condition -> Button Clicked -> Open Url , then a dialog box appears to set the url to be opened and other to 0=_Blank,etc... Now you need to create 3 conditions, set the button zone,etc... :S . I know that if this is the best option to open urls with flash is because no exists other way to do this but i not understand why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matriax View Post
    BTW, and after about 3 days with MMF2D all the actions are very easy to use and i'm confused why for open a simple link you need to do all this things.

Yes, i'm a newbie but, Not will be possible something similar like: Create condition -> Button Clicked -> Open Url , then a dialog box appears to set the url to be opened and other to 0=_Blank,etc... Now you need to create 3 conditions, set the button zone,etc... :S . I know that if this is the best option to open urls with flash is because no exists other way to do this but i not understand why.
    The reason behind it is due to the Flash platform's handling of events. As a novice AS3 developer, I've learned that in AS3 you have to set "Event Listeners" - something that MMF2 doesn't have to do for its C++ versions. As such, it would be tedious and fruitless to try and rework MMF2 to integrate such event listeners more intuitively and fluently. It is a bit of a pain. From a extension developer standpoint, however, it's the best way to do it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyRombo View Post
    The reason behind it is due to the Flash platform's handling of events. As a novice AS3 developer, I've learned that in AS3 you have to set "Event Listeners" - something that MMF2 doesn't have to do for its C++ versions. As such, it would be tedious and fruitless to try and rework MMF2 to integrate such event listeners more intuitively and fluently. It is a bit of a pain. From a extension developer standpoint, however, it's the best way to do it.
    For the Pong game finally i used the Flash object, and with one condition you can choose the url and works perfectly .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast