User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Flash URL Extension Still Works

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Flash URL Extension Still Works

A lot of people have been having trouble with outgoing links, but I've been able to get them to work on Kongregate and Newgrounds with the Flash URL extension and no Flash Haxx. You don't need any work arounds.

Examples:

At Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/601492
    At Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/LexZ...referrer=LexZ1

Some tips for the best results:

1) Make sure that you have the object in each frame that you have links (I wasted a bunch of time because I had a shortcut instead of the actual object. Argghhh!)
    2) Use "Mouse Pointer Over Object" or "Mouse Pointer Within a zone" to set the URL.
    3) Use "User Left Clicks Within a zone" or "User left clicks on an object" to "Add Event Listener". (opens the link)
    4) Use "Mouse Pointer Within a Zone" to remove Listener. You could also negate this. Triple check to make sure that the bounding box really is where you think. The display for it is kind of buggy.

If you get stuck, just PM me and I will look at your file. It really is very easy. Not sure why people are having so many problems...

By the way, it works really well with Advanced Mochiads. Not sure about regular Mochi stuff...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try using it the way you specified, maybe that'll make a difference.

The problems I've been getting is that my sponsor is telling me that the links stop working on reload or force the link open when you click somewhere else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I'm going to try using it the way you specified, maybe that'll make a difference.

The problems I've been getting is that my sponsor is telling me that the links stop working on reload or force the link open when you click somewhere else.
    If they load when you click somewhere else, then you need to "remove the listener" when the mouse enters a non clickable URL location.

I'm not sure how they are reloading the application, but a reload shouldn't affect anything. You could try removing the listener when the user clicks on reload.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hate flash url.. it actually crashes my mmf and i couldn't get it work properly.. perhaps an example .mfa would be in order? it should be really complex as well, like 2 different links: one zone and one active, and on the active the url changes depending on the active direction or alterable value. Also after the link-click change to another frame, because i am having a backup system where it just shows the url in an edit-box so chinese link-blocked players can copy-paste manually.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're having difficulties with object shortcuts, you can go into the MMF2 options and make it warn you when it creates shortcuts instead of the real deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWarewolf View Post
    i hate flash url.. it actually crashes my mmf and i couldn't get it work properly.. perhaps an example .mfa would be in order? it should be really complex as well, like 2 different links: one zone and one active, and on the active the url changes depending on the active direction or alterable value. Also after the link-click change to another frame, because i am having a backup system where it just shows the url in an edit-box so chinese link-blocked players can copy-paste manually.
    I've never used the edit box before... Will people actually copy the text and paste it in their browser?

I could try and come up with some example, but I would have to play around with that thing first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I re-did my conditions the way you had suggested, but it didn't make any difference.

Basically, my sponsor is telling me that it works fine when run locally, but when he embeds it in html, problems occur. I think the issue might be caused in part by having flash url in the preloader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I re-did my conditions the way you had suggested, but it didn't make any difference.

Basically, my sponsor is telling me that it works fine when run locally, but when he embeds it in html, problems occur. I think the issue might be caused in part by having flash url in the preloader.
    I should say that even if you follow my instructions, there will always be some sites with extremely aggressive blocking technology that will stop you. If you send me the file and the html page that the sponsor is trying to use, I can take a look and see what the problem is, if it is how the events were implemented. I should also say that I didn't make the extension, and I'm not an expert on it.

What if he just has ad blocking software on his computer or something?

Also, if he has numerous flash objects embedded on the same page, "Yes!" You could easily have problems. Flash objects don't play nicely together on webpages and sometimes require workarounds.

The extension cannot be considered a panacea to URL linking because there will always be someone out there with better ad blocking tech. The sponsor has to realize that you cannot guarantee 100% visitation from clicking the in-game links.

However, it is strange that they aren't working at all. Again, I would be happy to look at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: My sponsor, and apparently many other websites don't allow script access. Their flash embed code has allow script access=never. This seems to break flash url.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: My sponsor, and apparently many other websites don't allow script access. Their flash embed code has allow script access=never. This seems to break flash url.
    Yeah, I thought that might have something to do with it, which is why I wanted to see the html page. Well, I'm not sure what else we could do... Anybody have any ideas? I'd hate to see you lose your sponsorship over something like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast