User Tag List

Thread: Online Highscore Table

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Highscore Table

Hi
    How would i go about maing an Online Highscore Table for a Flash game?

A friend of mine told me that if i created a web page of sorts using PHP that it would be possible for MMF2 to set and get info from the page somehow?
    How would i go about doing something like this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a guide by Jeff: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114131

It's a bit out of date. Today you would like to use the GET object to send / retrieve data to / from the server. The GET object is ported to most of the runtimes, including Flash.

Basically you need a server and a database. It does not have to be PHP, it could be .NET as well. You code the server to handle the data recieved from your game. The GET object should call a webpage on your server which handles the databasecalls. You use the GET object to post the scores, and to receive a page with the data needed to display a highscore table in your game.

But all of this is explained in Jeff's tutorial. Good luck!: D

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DavidN also wrote an awesome tutorial that goes into a bit more depth into the PHP parts etc, however due to being dated, superceded, and causing DavidN to get constant PMs about the tutorial, he had Jeff remove it in favor of Jeff's own. I still have a local copy if anyone wants it.

Also, you could use Mochi Scores.

I myself wrote an Online Registration tutorial on the tutorials page that goes into some PHP/mySQL I believe. It's been a while since; I've given it a look.

Jeff's is the obvious choice - it requires hardly any setup, and comes right out of the box. It's definitely the easiest and the quickest to use. From a learning perspective, you'd learn more doing more of it on your own imo.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a video tutorial on the French website. ( clickteam.fr) The language may be an issue, but watching the images should help , it covers php and the get object if I remember well
    eric

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King_cool you still haven't added me on skype? i can help you with it.
    As far as i know, php+get is the only thing that works for an online hiscore on android, but in flash i would just use mochi leaderboard.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have added you to Skype now SoftwareWolf
    Are there any strings attached when using Mochi leaderboards ( like % of sales or having to use their Adds ) ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Here's a guide by Jeff: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114131

It's a bit out of date. Today you would like to use the GET object to send / retrieve data to / from the server. The GET object is ported to most of the runtimes, including Flash.

Basically you need a server and a database. It does not have to be PHP, it could be .NET as well. You code the server to handle the data recieved from your game. The GET object should call a webpage on your server which handles the databasecalls. You use the GET object to post the scores, and to receive a page with the data needed to display a highscore table in your game.

But all of this is explained in Jeff's tutorial. Good luck!: D
    The link only directs me to the main page here on the forum.
    How can i find this guide?