User Tag List

Thread: Is this possible, tourist information/walks app.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this possible, tourist information/walks app.

Hi guys, I'm wondering whether I should try an start working on this in XCode, The reason for this is due to the fact I'll be using location services to locate the user and a drawn map to represent where the user would, if I used xcode I could use the maps api instead.

If I did go and attempt to make this app in MMF 2, does anyone know how I would calculate the users location within 3-5 miles of a location and then display that on the drawn map.

Another issue I think I may have is how to go about storing and retrieving information as I can't see how I could pull this off at the moment.

I know I could use the web view which is a option but I got no clue on html. lol

Any ideas or suggestions of how I could pull this off would be great and as usual greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Leighton

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a location object that allows you to use the gps. Also, what kind of information do u need to store/retrieve? There is the INI and array object you can use for that.

Also, as far as how to actually display the info on a map, I know there have been some threads about it..which I was just about to search for myself when I found this. If you're using maps in Xcode, make sure you're updated to ios 6 development because they're dropping google maps support.

I'm not sure if that was any help(im much more used to asking questions than trying to answer them lol) but If u have any more specific questions, I'll try to help and I'm sure other users could go into detail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply uncleswell
    Yeah, I've heard about the drop of google maps, I can see that going to be trouble some for some people who have map apps using it, I was thinking about using webview to display information but if the page doesn't load perhaps I could add a offline version built in too the app by adding html files and images.

I would need to retrieve from the net so I think ini's would be out of the question as theres no way of getting information from the internet to my knowledge.
    Am I correct about that are are there any other ways of retrieving information?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i See no Way to Display offline html Content inside your App.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks StingRay. I sorta thought that. I was wondering whether to make it a concept version then perhaps look in to making it in OBJ-C/XCODE

I can't seem to get the webview working anyway. not 100% sure why.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you know obj-c/xcode, you could add functionality by creating extensions for MMF2. so you can keep the great graphical flexibility of MMF2 and get the functions of Xcode.