User Tag List

Thread: Possible to choose alterable value?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Possible to choose alterable value?

I am trying to do an event where you click on an "upgrade" icon and get a value added to the right alterable value. For example if you click on "Magic" you get 50 extra magic, and if you click on Health you get 50 extra health. The problem is that I would like to have all this in a single event with a qualifier instead of having to have a event for every single button, but I can't find any way to choose what alterable value to send the points to in a flexible way, is this possible?
    I have an simple example here that may show better what I am trying to do. The problem is the event sending the value to the "Health" value. I would like to send it to Magic for example if it was the magic button that was clicked.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try doing it this way.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlen View Post
    Try doing it this way.
    Thanks it works! But how does it work? :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spread an alterable value in the qualifier group's variable C (which makes the variable you selected of each object effected have a unique value that increases by 1 for each object) then added alterable value B of the qualifier group to a variable in the hero object, determined by the qualifier group's variable C. You can specify a variable or something else to determine the variable to use by clicking the edit button next to the "choose variable" drop down box.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you "always" spread the value?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok there is another problem now.. :/ I see that it spreads a value that represent the 3 first values. But what if i create some more values and later I have one value 9 that I also want to add to? I really hate that you cant reorder values or remove values higher up the list when you have created them. Is there a reason for this? It makes it very hard to have some sort of order in your values if you have not thought about everything from the start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure how MMF2 spread values... it used to increase the value for the newest instance of an object, but now it does some conglomerated process that is dependent on X and Y positions or something. I'm not sure why Clickteam decided to do this.

To answer your question though, if you create more objects under the qualifier you had there, it will continue to spread the value between them all. The number you put in for the spread value dialogue is the number it starts spreading from.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why even spread the value? Just assign each box a value at edittime to use for the alterable value's index, rather than trying to spread it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could work, yeah. I forgot that you can do that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 years later and I found this useful - thanks!