User Tag List

Thread: Surface object or shaders in Flash (scope cross hairs)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaders in Flash or lens object (scope cross hairs)

I never used shaders. What I'm trying to do is create a scope cross hairs (I have this done) that will magnify just a little bit when I move it over any object. Will shaders do this, but they don't show up in the objects list when creating a flash game. Has anyone done this before that could assist with the code please or how this can be done. It would be simple if the lens object could be used in flash games! I've seen this done before in flash games, so what are they using?
    Thank you,

John

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of them probably just use algorithms to bend the pixels. You could probably do it via Surface in Flash but I'm afraid it would be too slow. My Flash Fx extension has support for shaders, but NOT HWA shaders. Flash uses its very own format for shaders and you'd probably need to hire someone to write such an effect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Most of them probably just use algorithms to bend the pixels. You could probably do it via Surface in Flash but I'm afraid it would be too slow. My Flash Fx extension has support for shaders, but NOT HWA shaders. Flash uses its very own format for shaders and you'd probably need to hire someone to write such an effect.
    Looki, thank you for the explanation. I figured as much and kind of bummed about that. Oh well, move on......

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KLiK-iT - How big is your cross hair on-screen? If it's fairly small, e.g. 64 pixels, you might find just adding a highlight and shadow might give it the illusion of magnifying that portion of the screen a tiny bit and be good enough for your needs?