User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Windows Phone 7 Back button issue (again)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, tried the exact same thing in my project: failed - same results where it exits the app. Made a copy of your app, left your XNA the same, brought my assets in...same failure as before.

I'm almost convinced it is Win 8.

I'm going to try on Win 7 and see if that fixes it. The only reason I hadn't been developing on Win 7 is for some reason the Zune software refuses to sync to my phone on Win 7 but will on my Win 8 machine. I may just have to jump through a couple hoops.

I'll let you know what happens.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't try Win 8 for the moment, i'm waiting for the Surface Pro. But I think you should try to reinstall MMF2 and your XNA module. As the problem comes clearly from your original MFA and not your WP SDK.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had already reinstalled once on Win 8, but who knows.

I have the Surface RT. Win 8 with touch makes you realize how well thought out it is. Beautiful piece of hardware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I really don't get it. Please take a look at this MFA and see if I did anything different from you. https://www.yousendit.com/download/W...QVN6RTlFQmNUQw
    - Running MMF Build 255, XNA exporter beta 36
    - Win7
    - VS 2010 Express

I build the phone project, open it VS, upgrade it to WP 7.1, run in the emulator, and back button closes the app instead of jumping to the first frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the problem in the MFA. Just add to the first frame at the line "back button is pressed?" the event "timer is greather than 40sec" and it will works:

PS: Do NOT upgrade your app to 7.1! The FAS (fast app switching) isn't supported in the MMF2 XNA module actually so your app will be crashing while using FAS function and never pass the certification. For the moment, let your apps in 7.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested and the upgrade to 7.1 definitely breaks it. I thought the marketplace wasn't excepting anything less than 7.1 now, so I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for the help, Dobermann.

-Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made the changes - we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The timer trick might explain by the program looping and constantly rebooting. Please tell us it if works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked, inconsistently, if you just tap the back button the app exits. If you hold it a little bit, then it works. If you hold it too long then it goes to FAS. We'll see how MS Certification looks at it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbucci View Post
    I tested and the upgrade to 7.1 definitely breaks it. I thought the marketplace wasn't excepting anything less than 7.1 now, so I guess I'll find out.
    They are still accepting 7.0, but those apps will be available only for old WP7 devices. Now that Windows Phone 8 is launching and the new devices are ramping up, there is a lot of new users browsing Marketplace with new WP8 devices, but apps with target 7.0 are not available for those users. Targeting WP 7.1 is required for WP8 compatibility, and upgrading the project to 7.1 currently breaks MMF2 generated applications.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast