User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Seek failed on unnamed file" Error, Pleas help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation "Seek failed on unnamed file" Error, Pleas help.

Hi, I've been working on a project for the better part of 2 years now and I've encountered an error that I've never come across before. When I go to save it says "Seek failed on unnamed file" and then "failed to save document"

Firstly, while editing some of the action points in my main characters animations I started getting the "Seek failed on unnamed file" error and that animation wouldn't open anymore and when I ran the program, when that animation was supposed to play, the character instead vanished. Until the animation was finished. When I tried to save I got the "Seek failed on unnamed file" "failed to save document" error.

If I open the file and run the program everything seems fine, until I start making edits to it.

So, dose anyone know what might be causing this error? It's not because the work file is over 2Gig (2025MB to be exact) is it. I thought that was only a problem for 32bit OSs. If the file is corrupted, that's not such a huge problem since I keep many backups. But I don't wasn't to go and re-do a bunch of my work if it's because of something else.

Anyway, thanks for reading my issue.
    ~Disthron.

PS: Here are the specs on my PC.

RAM :- 4Gigs of RAM
    - 4Gigs of Ready Boost Memory (if that makes a difference)
    CPU :- Intel Cor 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz
    Graphics Card :- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
    Hard Drive :- 500GBs with only 130GBs used.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    MFA files cannot exceed Gb, sorry.

You should try using picture or active picture objects with external graphic files or play external sound files to reduce the size of your application.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, after reading your post I went and started trying to make my project smaller. Trying to optimise my code, re-importing a lot of the backgrounds so they don't use Alpha layers, removing frames of animation. I got the MFA file size down to 1.88GBs but after moving the action point on my main character sprite it came up with the same error. In fact the error has come up every time I've tried to move the action point in this character.

Dose anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any other ideas about this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disthron View Post
    So, does anyone know what might be causing this error? It's not because the work file is over 2Gig (2025MB to be exact) is it. I thought that was only a problem for 32bit OSes.
    It's only a problem for 32-bit code, to be exact, of which MMF2 is. What your problem basically is would be the exceeding of a signed int variable as discussed in my blog post.
    I recommend you copy each MMF frame of your project into a new file. After that, copy the frame properties and app properties. Reduce the number of samples you have incorporated (try using play external file). You'll find the Apppath$ macro comes in handy for this. This will sharply reduce your application size.
    After that, try taking out larger images and loading them externally too. Even Active object has some support for that, by using Animation->Load Frame action (although the frame must already exist, even if not large enough).

If all else fails contact me on ClickConverse.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maximum value of signed int is +2147483647, so maximum size of mfa is 2147483647 bytes?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really not sure about the mfa,

Compiled .exe
    Problems start arising after 2GB

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Application icon does not show in low-memory computer if its huge size application.

I made 566MB EXE. But, the icon of application is differences between following computers.

Win XP 2GB RAM (use 512MB for RAM disk.) : Not show

Win 7 3GB RAM (use 512MB for RAM disk.) : Show

This differences is normal?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes ASD, it's a known issue with old versions of Windows, it doesn't display the icon of huge applications, I've never found why that happens or how to fix it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes ASD, it's a known issue with old versions of Windows, it doesn't display the icon of huge applications, I've never found why that happens or how to fix it.
    Is this problem not affect to work of application?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast