User Tag List

Thread: Custom shapes with Phizix extension

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom shapes with Phizix extension

It's very easy to create a floor for a platformer game by making a 32x32 box into a body and adding a shape of the same size to that body. But what if I have a level that is more complicated than a series of boxes?

What if the shape that I need to create is very rough, with lots of different angles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried making edge chains and polygons, but I get errors whenever I use those. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely it's possible to make shapes other than squares or circles. Why else would the edge chain and polygon options be available? Can anyone help me make a shape that is complex? Anyone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the testbed example. It uses polygons for most of the shapes if I recall correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Look at the testbed example. It uses polygons for most of the shapes if I recall correctly.
    Where is that exactly? I don't have any Phizix examples in my Fusion install directory.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which phizix extension do you have? You should use Box2D, which has examples, as well as being better overall...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello,

and in the car example, how you entered the brake?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using Phizix - Box2d. I have found the example files, and in testbed.mfa, the triangle shapes are made by getting data from an alterable string that contains xy values of its vertices. And none of the examples seem to use edge chains for anything other than a frame border. The shape I want to make has a huge amount of vertices. I'll just show you.

http://i.imgur.com/sD60N.jpg

How should I go about making a shape from that? What's the best way? And if it's polygons or edge chains, how exactly do I make those so that I don't get errors when I try to run the game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZT1lrxVut4

Its an amazing tool. And it only cost $19. And it exports to like every engine there is, its even possible to build custom exporter for it to the ones it lacks so I think it would be very easy for someone who knows a bit of "real" code. It should even be possible to use with MMF at its current stage by just writing out the values it gives and plug in. The only problem I see is that it may be easiest to do so with the string feature that I think Looki left out in the Flash port. I don't really know since I got very little feedback when I did the thread. This is really such a incredible useful tool. If only we could get a bit of help from the more experienced code readers here to figure out the best way to extract it. They even have a page on how to do a custom exporter to an engine that is not in the long list of already made ones http://www.codeandweb.com/blog/2012/...ditor_exporter

The thread I made is here:
    http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=72179