User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Using IAPs - Lessons Learned

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing topic! Thank for all members.

Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting topic.

I only have the standard version of MMF2 so no IAP for me yet. However, my game could in theory use IAPS but i think I'm going to hold of that idea for the moment.

I'm hoping my app (when finally finished) will do well enough that I could afford to upgrade to the dev version. I've certainly learnt a lot of stuff of what not to do in future games. The IAP stuff looks a bit
    confusing but looking forward to looking at examples/tutorials in the future.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have posted a guide for using iAP's in the owners lounge: http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=73438&p=541771

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is preferable in this situation?:
    A) Having a "lite" and "deluxe" version in the app store
    B) Just 1 version, but with iAP to unlock the extra content

Just wondering. I am leaning towards "A" because the deluxe version of my game is quite a bit larger.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pineapple- it's a tricky question.

I thought A initially was a good route too, but I actually found out later that people who would of paid full price for my game (in this case just $0.99) actually just downloaded the lite version instead then didn't bother with the full version. It may well of been because I was providing too much content in the lite version though. I think you just have to experiment with your game and see what works best.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $150 a day? wow thats incredible. i wish i got even close to that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned another quick lesson with IAPs! Without over doing it try and tempt the user to purchase them almost as an impulse buy. In Pocket Ninjas if you wanted to buy something or unlock a level, but didn't have enough coins, it originally just said "you don't have enough coins" instead of giving the option to buy the item. My thought was if someone wanted to buy it they would go to the IAP menu......this was wrong on my part. It actually gave them a couple seconds to think about it, which you don't want. As a test, I changed the method in the level unlock screen to allow you to select "unlock" even if you didn't have enough coins. When you do, a sign pops up saying "You don't have enough coins! Do you want more?" If they say yes it takes them directly to the IAP menu. Its a SLIGHT difference but so far it seems like it has made a bit of a difference

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just playing a BigFish game which is financed by ads, they use exactly this method for offering in-app currency. A really nice detail

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to ask about multiple devices etc...

For example game A is free, but you can buy an unlock. But you can also buy coins which are consumables. How would you go about making sure that the game is unlocked on any device its installed on, and i am assuming that consumables are per device?

Not sure if that makes sense, as i am just finding the multiple device (say a family has three iPads) situation confusing. If they buy a game on itunes, and all devices are registered they can install it on all machines, is this the case with unlocking a game via iAP?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I understand, the purchase is tied to the itunes account, so when you log into your account on another device, you should be able to restore the purchase. If the purchase is a pack of levels you will be able to restore it. If it is a consumable product such as coins that buy non-consumable weapons and stuff, I suppose you'll lose all coins and things you bought with it. Unless you use some icloud storate thing, that is currently unavailable on MMF2 yet.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast