User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Very strange "rapid fire" problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I should mention that I also tried removing some 70+ lines related to objects that don't appear on the first level, and the laser problem remains, so... I'm *really* running short of ideas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change all the "repeat while pressed fire 1" to fire your weapons to "repeat while left mouse is pressed". But to cure the issue with the laser not firing sometimes, set the animation of the "firing readiness indicator" for the Laser/flame animation down to 90 instead of 100. It doesn't like 100 speed as I think it's to fast for resetting it back to the stopped animation. The only thing you are losing is 2 lasers being on the play field instead of 11 at one time and it's barley noticeable. The other event I don't understand is why you're using the layers object. You don't need it and in your game it serves no purpose. Delete it. Also is this game going to be a Flash game? If not run it in HWA (Direct3D-9) instead of "standard" run time. It will be faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I'll give it a try.

The "layers" object is there to make certain that enemies who appear lower on the screen are above enemies who are higher on the screen. I tried some other methods of doing the same effect with mixed success, but the layer object works better.

Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT View Post
    Change all the "repeat while pressed fire 1" to fire your weapons to "repeat while left mouse is pressed". But to cure the issue with the laser not firing sometimes, set the animation of the "firing readiness indicator" for the Laser/flame animation down to 90 instead of 100. It doesn't like 100 speed as I think it's to fast for resetting it back to the stopped animation. The only thing you are losing is 2 lasers being on the play field instead of 11 at one time and it's barley noticeable. The other event I don't understand is why you're using the layers object. You don't need it and in your game it serves no purpose. Delete it. Also is this game going to be a Flash game? If not run it in HWA (Direct3D-9) instead of "standard" run time. It will be faster.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, did it work for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to test; I do most of my TGF2 work on my laptop, and I've had a busy couple of days, so I haven't had the opportunity to sit down with it. Won't be long, I promise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

So, I've tried both changing the command from "repeat while fire button 1 is pressed" to "repeat while left mouse button is pressed" and reducing the speed of the "firing readiness" animation to 90. The laser "sticking" doesn't happen often, but it still happens. I couldn't say with 100% certainty whether it's happening *less* or not; it's never shown up in every test. It seems to continue not firing, usually, until the turret's direction changes, at which point it will sometimes fire two shots at once. When it isn't firing, the "number of laser objects" continues to increment upwards, only to suddenly "snap back" when the laser starts firing normally again (as though the "invisible" lasers had all suddenly ceased to exist at the same moment.)

I'll try running it as a DX9 app next, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add in destroy laser if it's out of the play area. I forgot to tell you I put that in also. Sometimes MMF does strange things you just can't figure out no matter what and this is one of them. Since all the other ammo's work all the time and this one has it's issues, delete it and all the code that is in association with it. Save and close MMF and redo the code again, but also delete the laser all together from the game and create a new one. Don't use the same one. Create it from scratch and don't clone any of the other ammo to create the new laser. Start with a newly created active object. See if that cures the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I *may* have found a solution, testing still ongoing.

I created a new animation for the "firing readiness" object specifically for laser. When this animation had 4 frames (the original laser/flame animation had 5), the problem abruptly became much worse.

But when I altered it so that it had *6* frames... Thus far, the problem seems to go away, even at animation speed 99.

I'm still mildly irked, because I don't know *why* this seems to work, and thus it's not impossible that I'll run across something similar up the line. As I mentioned, the "flame thrower" seems to work just fine, despite using the same "firing readiness" animation the laser originally did. And as near as I can tell, the malfunction doesn't actually have anything to do with the number of objects on screen, bullet/laser or otherwise.

Still, for now at least, it seems to be a solution, and at animation speed 99 the gun pumps out a healthy 9 laser bolts on screen at a time, vs. the machine gun's six, so I can't entirely complain.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before all of this, was "timer based movement" DISABLED in the frame properties?
    If not, then there lies your problem most likely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with ProdigyX - make sure you uncheck the timer-based movement box. I tested your demo after doing this and got a steady stream of laser bolts even with the launch speed set to 200.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast