User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any new apple requirements?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any new apple requirements?

So the last time I submitted an app was March. But since then, major new apple products have hit. The ipad 3, and now the iphone 5 and new ipod touch.

What is apple's policy regarding these devices? Do they have new requirements when I submit an app?

I'm using xcode 4.2 for snow leopard. Do I need to submit an ipad 3 resolution icon? And where would I do this?

And as far as the 16:9 displays are concerned, are they requiring compatibility with them yet?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just submitted an update today. I too am on snow leopard, using an xcode hacked to allow the 5.1 sdk to compile.

I did notice that there is a new slot for Iphone 5 screenshots in itunes connect. I didn't upload any. I have no idea if my game will run on iphone 5 ....... fingers crossed I guess

I dont like how apple makes it challenging for developers to keep up. I can only hope that my current development environment will last another year so I can at least make back my investment.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to remember now, is there a place in itunes connect to upload app icons? Or can that only be done in xcode?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's done in itunes connect, and you have to submit a higher resolution icon (1024x1024) when submitting a new app, or updating an old one. And I'm pretty sure you have to upload screenshots for all the resolutions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, good to know. So my game was designed at 480x320. What's going to happen when it loads on an iphone 5? Will it be pillarboxed? I know clickteam are introducing scaling methods for 16:9 displays, but not sure if that's out yet, and even if it is, with only days before submission, I really don't want to be running on a beta version, especially since everything is working pretty well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't change the res you will just get black pillarboxes along the sides, only drawback to that IMO is newer 5 owners might not buy your app.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you make it in 5 resolution you'll get letterboxing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your phone uses the full iPhone 5 resolution, they require screenshots of the iPhone 5 version otherwise its status becomes "Missing Screenshot", so without an iPhone 5 or an iPod Touch 5 you'd have to jump through hoops to take PC screenshots at the right resolution etc.

I'm keeping MANOS and AWESOME Land pillarboxed because there is a lot of locked scrolling where the camera frames boss rooms etc. that are exactly the width of the iPhone 4 screen, but everything from now on I'm building with multiple aspect ratios in mind.

It's more than reasonable to submit your app without iPhone 5 screen support at the moment, I mean only real hardcore nerds have iPhone 5s right now, those who camped outside the stores or rushed to pre-order the moment it became available, they'll now be out of stock for a good month or so. Some might have iPod Touch 5 but I doubt too many people have yet paid £250 for an MP3 player.

I have been working on a system to take screen captures from the PC build of the game in iPhone 5 resolution so that I can submit them without having to shell out £500-600 for something I don't need or deal with poor blurry scaled images. Hopefully it's doable with the screen capture object.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The beta version we currently have out for testing supports new view modes to get away with the letterboxing in different devices. You simply design your game for one of the resolutions and then decide how the screen should shrink/expand to fit the resolution on the new device (by showing less or more of the game level).
    Beta 3 which will be out soon should fix the iOS6 problems people have.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my iTunes screenshots are from my games running on Windows apple can't tell the difference because there practically aren't any. Maybe the aliasing around text, but they've never picked up on that.

And people do all sorts to embellish their screenshots with borders etc, so I can't imagine they would have a problem with it.

I use a screen cap utility, but there's always the screen capture object if you wanted to integrate it into your game. Save out a PC version, make an event binding a key to take a screenshot using screen cap object. Done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast