User Tag List

Thread: Mochi Live Updates

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mochi Live Updates

Is it still possible to use live updates?

If so, how do you enter the actionscript that is now required?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do you have a link on the changes? I would bet something needs to be updated if they changed something.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Do you have a link on the changes? I would bet something needs to be updated if they changed something.
    These are the sample authentification instructions and a screenshot:

Authenticate Your Game:

Copy the following line of code and paste it anywhere in your game that ActionScript is allowed and then re-publish your SWF.

var _mochiads_game_id:String = "1e4008b440178ab2";

screenA.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @redpandagames,
    with (and without) advanced mochiads you can use liveupdates. Its very easy. Go to MMF and go to the application properties - and activate "Use mochiads" (and with Adv Mochiads don't activate - Start of game ad). Enter the code. Then create a swf-file (your game) WITHOUT any own preloader. Upload the game with liveupdates - thats it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharanygitis View Post
    @redpandagames,
    with (and without) advanced mochiads you can use liveupdates. Its very easy. Go to MMF and go to the application properties - and activate "Use mochiads" (and with Adv Mochiads don't activate - Start of game ad). Enter the code. Then create a swf-file (your game) WITHOUT any own preloader. Upload the game with liveupdates - thats it!
    This does not work. If you try it with new games, you will get the following error message:

Oops

We need a version string from you to get things moving so you can track your SWF's history.

I'm pretty sure something changed because authentification is new, right? Or there was a change to the API (currently v 3.9.4)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mh ? With advanced Mochiads works! I have tested it yesterday ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharanygitis View Post
    mh ? With advanced Mochiads works! I have tested it yesterday ...
    Really? What do I need to do? Just connect with Advanced Mochi Ads in the first frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    These are the sample authentification instructions and a screenshot:

Authenticate Your Game:

Copy the following line of code and paste it anywhere in your game that ActionScript is allowed and then re-publish your SWF.

var _mochiads_game_id:String = "1e4008b440178ab2";

screenA.jpg
    As far as I know, this has been there previously as well. So not sure what has changed.. Has Mochi made any announcement regarding any technical changes in Live Updates API recently?

I published a new game two weeks ago which is using Live Updates. Haven't tried after that, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    As far as I know, this has been there previously as well. So not sure what has changed.. Has Mochi made any announcement regarding any technical changes in Live Updates API recently?

I published a new game two weeks ago which is using Live Updates. Haven't tried after that, though.

I see what happened. It's because I didn't fill out the version number on the screen. When they asked for a version string, I didn't realize that they were looking for that, so yeah, I got it to work!