User Tag List

Thread: Questions about IOS Export Module

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about IOS Export Module

Hello! If you read my post from a few moments ago in the XNA Export forum, some of this will probably be repeat, sorry. Anyway, I owned both The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion when they were Clickteam's current products. I haven't been on the forum in a long time, and in fact I don't even have MMF2 or TGF2, just playing with the Newgrounds edition for TGF2 and playing with my brother's copy of MMF2 Standard.

With all of these exporters either already being sold or "coming soon" for android, I'm really excited about the possibilities for the Indie developer! I have some questions about the IOS Exporter:

*In regards to controls for the xbox360, are we able to set that all up in MMF2 or does that have to be done with the XNA developers kit through Microsoft?

*Does the IOS Exporter give you the ability to utilize a iPhone/Pod/Pad camera or GPS Funcitonality, and if so, to what extent? I'd like to create a game that incorporates the use of the camera and adding things to the image, the accelerometer in the phone, and the GPS of the phone. Would something like this be possible?

*Is there extensive work that needs to be done within the Apple developers program or do we pretty much just export, test, and submit?

I really have a lot of ideas for games and applications that I'm excited to do, but I would really like to know more about the products than I can see online and on the clickteam website before making the $500+ commitment in software for something that has a 99.999999(etc)% chance to be just a hobby. I know I could probably find more out if I searched more of the forum (and I have been, trust me), but if there's one thing that I know about the clickteam community even going back to when I bought my first home use license of TGF, it's that there is a wonderful support and people ready to help.

Any information would be helpful guys, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Is there extensive work that needs to be done within the Apple developers program or do we pretty much just export, test, and submit?"

Depends on what you mean by extensive. But you will spend a few full days working out how Apple's side of things works. I was testing my first app on an actual device within 24 hours of buying everything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i have read - xbox 360 controls are set up in MMF2 using the specific pad objects etc

IOS allows you to use camera and accelerometer. Im not sure on GPS. Also, you have to have the dev version for camera (which i dont have and am not sure on what you have in mind).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    XBOX controls : yes, you have a dedicated XBOX Gamepad object, allowing you to test all the keys of the gamepad
    There is a camera object in iOS. It allows you to get the last picture and display it. Accelerometers and location (GPS) are handled via very complete and simple objects
    iOS development process : create the project in MMF, which makes a zip file. Copy it onto the mac, unzip it (double click), load the xcode project and compile. That's all.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys very much, I really appreciate the responses!