User Tag List

Thread: Error 21FC -- Install Creator Pro Demo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Error 21FC -- Install Creator Pro Demo

Hi,

I've recently opened up an old setup package I complied a long time ago (containing some very old intranet sites I made long ago) to install them again, but I unfortunately ran across this error:

This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

This was built with the demo version of Install Creator Pro back in 2008 or 2009, and what's inside this setup package is the only copy I have left of these intranet sites.
    I know you'd be thinking: "Why didn't you compress them into a ZIP?" ... I didn't know any procedure to make a self-extracting EXE file, but I knew about Clickteam's products.

I have tried this package on my Windows 7 desktop, a Windows XP Virtual Machine on the same PC, and on my Ubuntu laptop, and all 3 report this error!

What is causing this problem? Could it be because it's an .avi file its stuck on? Can I fix it if it's corrupt? Is there any way I can extract this package and retrieve ALL the files back? This package definitely worked some time ago.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

PS. This 2008 thread sounds similar to my issue, but I don't understand why it worked in the past and doesn't now: http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=43071&highlight=error+21FC

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    AFAIK, this error message has 3 possible reasons :

- sometimes it happens when there is a hardware issue, we had the case at least twice. Those users scanned their memory, found a hardware issue and fixed it. But as you tried it on several machines that's not the case here.

- perhaps your file was corrupt due to either a hard drive issue or a transfer issue if you moved it from a machine to another one via a download for example?

- I'm not sure about this one, but a random bug in the first versions of IC might cause this problem too. Apparently people reported this message almost only with the first versions of IC, so a part of these messages could have been due to a random bug in the decompression routines under certain hardware conditions and this bug could have been fixed in an update (we made an important update of the decompression routines we use, I don't remember in which build, that's old...). And yours was made with a very old version. Try on other machines with different size of RAM and hard disks perhaps. If that doesn't work then your file could be corrupted...

Or you could send me your file, I can try to take a look...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success! Indeed, the file was corrupt on my hard drive, but I'm fortunate enough to have kept a data backup on my external drive. It's my fault, I resized my Windows and Data partition a while ago. Thank you Yves for your support.