User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: iOS Notifications Extension [Release Version]

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tim,
    I'm still having problem with the extension.
    Before the last version, the App was frozen during start-up.
    Now the App will load, however, when trying to switch from a fame that has the extension, to another frame, the app will crash (or totally freeze).
    If I remove the extension, the app runs fine.

Can you take a look at it?
    Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tim,
    I've made a small check:
    I've added the extension to the other frame (the one that I try to jump to), but it does not make any difference, it still crushes.
    I hope this bit of information helps a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yos,
    You're all over my extension with the bug testing haha.
    Is it the same issue or a different issue this time?

The Application Badge is so you can add a number to your app to maybe let the client/user know that the app needs attention or to inform them that something has happened.

Specific notification clearing is not yet supported, will definitely try to add it to the next release, but right now you should be able to clear all notifications pending with "Clear Notifications" or something like that.

Regards
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, it helps.

About the current bug: the app will load and work fine as long as you don't try to jump to another frame (in the previous bug the app freeze while loading).
    Now, when you try to jump from the frame that contains the extension to another frame, the app will either freeze, or totally crush showing the iPhone 'desktop'.
    I would guess that this bug is somewhat similar to the previous one, although the moment where the crush happens is not the same as before.

IMHO this extension is VERY important as it opens new possibilities for MMF games, so I gladly put effort to debug it. I have a few ideas for it and surly many others will have too.
    If you want to create any game/application that actively request's users attention, you can't do it without this extension.
    You are locked behind the current active app, having a sellotape on your mouth...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yos,
    Can you run the app with xcode and trap where the error is occurring? - i.e. Can you get me a line number if possible
    This will help me to identify and hopefully resolve the bug with not too much pain.
    Is this doable?

Regards
    Tim Ellis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've prepared screen grabs of Xcode screen.
    I attach a few of them. I can send you the rest by email if you send me your address via PM.

Screen0.jpgScreen3.jpgScreen4.jpgScreen5.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm of course it's to do with the releasing of objects :/
    Andos, can you help?
    I switched to ARC quite a while ago and now I suck at manual object releasing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andos,
    Can you take a look at it? Do you want me to prepare a sample app and send it to you?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Andos comes back from his holidays in Egypt today. He will certainly answer anyday now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I'm curious to know whether or not the iOS SDK will switch to ARC anytime soon? Perhaps another question for Andos?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast