User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underwater "wave" effect

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Underwater "wave" effect

I want to do some waving seaweed for an underwater game. I am thinking of just animating the actual grass waving. But just to see what options there are. I have seen some examples that "transform" images in interesting ways. Would it be possible to do some adjustment with maybe size and angle to make an object look like its waving?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what runtime you have in mind? For a Windows build you can always use shaders. For other runtimes you can always place a semi transparent image above everything and change scale and angle values, works ok .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oruga View Post
    what runtime you have in mind? For a Windows build you can always use shaders. For other runtimes you can always place a semi transparent image above everything and change scale and angle values, works ok .
    As many runtimes as possible. How do you mean with this semi transparent image? I have never heard of this method :S

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just place a semi transparent image on top of everything, so you can see through it. :p it may look like a wave of some sort

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oruga View Post
    just place a semi transparent image on top of everything, so you can see through it. :p it may look like a wave of some sort
    I don't understand :S How will a semi transparent image make something appear like its waving back and worth? (like for example seaweed).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I don't understand :S How will a semi transparent image make something appear like its waving back and worth? (like for example seaweed).
    I don't know what he's really talking about either, lol. I would just animate the seaweed. Because if you used some type of shader for windows, it most definitely wouldn't be supported on something like iOS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol okay, I'm sorry, I was misled by the thread title. I meant you could do what I said to make it seem like the level is underwater, didn't really read the seaweed part :p

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apply a Perspective Objects Sinwave fuction to the Seaweed, do some print screen and turn it into a regular animation...?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Cool View Post
    Apply a Perspective Objects Sinwave fuction to the Seaweed, do some print screen and turn it into a regular animation...?
    Is there some example file of this?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you provide me with Seaweed ( graphics ), ill provide an example :P
    Doesnt need to be very good, just something i can work with

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast