3D Artist - props, and stuff, [FOR HIRE]

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hello all.

I have been playing around with 3d-modeling now for a few years, as a hobby, and finally
    at the point where I can actually achieve some decent results.
    I focus on mostly props and objects, don't really do Characters/animations yet.

Since this a hobby for me and not a full time job, I am able to provide my skills
    at a lower cost then someone that is making a living off of their art.

If you have something your interested in, te easiest way to get ahold of me would be
    email: method72@gmail.com and put something in the subject about 3D.

If it is something i am capable of doing we can work out the details and a price.

I have attached a few images of work i created, to give a general
    idea of my skill level.

thanks for considering me
    - method.

• Quote from Forum: Paid Design & Development Requests

Please use this new area to find and connect with other developers and artists. This is for paid requests only, please do not post adverts or products for sale as they will be removed.

I think this thread qualifies as an advert/product for sale...

My Please login to see this link. (which I actually use), my Please login to see this link. (which I mostly don't use), and my Please login to see this link. (which I don't use anymore pretty much at all really). If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now. XD

• hmm, that took me about 4-5 hours.

Currently i am working on a dungeon-kit.
    the kit will have generic empty dungeon rooms,
    and then you can arrange the props as needed per room.

doors,chests,table,stool lantern,candle,sword,spear,shield,barrel,crates,
    coins,sundial,logs,wooden planks,ladder,rocks,cannon,cannonballs,sack,books
    cauldron,jars,torch,fountain..etc

This is what I have built so far, got a bunch more dungeon props
    I need to build for this kit, so any suggestions would be welcomed.

I am considering this should be a package that is available as
    2D kit, as well as an option for the set of 3d models, as
    MMF2 and similar game engines are designed more around 2d image files vs 3d models.

I will post more here as i develop the kit further,
    but if anyone as ideas of what other props should be in a dungeon kit,
    email me method72@gmail.com or reply to this post, or PM me.

i'll get some pics soon, of the dungeon-kit in progress.

• Here is the progress on my fantasy dungeon/adventure 3d models so far.
    realize nothing has been textured yet, i'll work on that when all the modeling is complete. I realize this is not
    a very good picture, but its just a simple view of the progress.

so far there are 60 props
    table-1 ladder pillar-1 closed-door bookcase fountain table-2 pedistal
    cannon rock-1 rock-2 barrel pillar-2 crate wall-torch wood-plank firepit
    well hourglass chain jug sack-1 sundial stool shield chair candle-lantern
    opened-book cannonball sack-2 goblet helm-1 potion-1 candle scroll
    log potion-2 key coffin-with/lid curved-dagger staff bucket
    closed-book treasure-chest-1 coin cauldron axe spear hay-bail
    war-hammer standing-pillar-torch helm-2 bottle mace sword-1
    sword-2 gold/silver-bar

• Don't worry nivram, it's all grey and people don't like grey games. >_>
    Even if the shading is automatic.

Darkwire Software Lead Programmer (C++ & C#)
    Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link.

• well yea, they are all grey currently, as that is the default,
    when building geometry in 3d, i try and focus on that until it's done.
    after that i will work on the individual textures/color maps, generally that is all
    done in a 2d application like photoshop etc. For me it's just easier to focus on on process
    at a time.

Nivram, don't pull out your armpit hair!
    I have been tinkering in 3d modeling for about 4 years now, the past 12 months being my most serious efforts.
    it is time consuming task when learning, and i am by no means an expert, i am all self taught no classes or formal training etc.
    I can't build organic stuff, like monsters or people, or things of that level yet.
    Like any other skill, the more you do it the better you get. The props in the above picture took me about 10 hours so far.
    I am continuing to add to the collection, and when i feel like i have a hefty enough set, i'll begin all the textures etc.
    I am assuming when done, this will be in the ballpark of 100-150 props, and 50+ hours of work.

If your interested, there are plenty of free applications to start learning modeling, blender, sketchup, and others, you also need to
    have a pretty good handle on a 2d graphics application with layering, like Photoshop or gimp.

anyways i will continue updating the pack, and will drop another message here when i have a sizable amount of additional progress made.

• Excellent work Method. I strongly suggest you keep at it and hopefully you'll just keep improving. What you have achieved thus far looks great.

Majority of the developers on here are 2D indies so your best bet would be to start learning how to export your models into a spritesheet format. There are plenty of tools and methods out there, let me know if you need any further direction in that department.

Game Launcher Creator V3 - Please login to see this link.
    Bespoke Software Development - Please login to see this link.
    Learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5 - Please login to see this link.

Danny // Clickteam

• for sure!
    when i finish the props, and textures i will build out the 2d image sets. I am pretty decent in photoshop so should be able to manage a nice complete package. I want to generate dungeon construction elements as well, so walls, floors etc, not sure if it would be more a top-down old 8-bit zelda style view, or a 2d side view, ala Castlevania style.. or some of each perhaps to give build diversity.

thanks for the positive feedback! and will be reporting back here as i progress towards a completed product!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!